turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No turkey season for me...

Started by Struttin Spurs, April 18, 2014, 06:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Struttin Spurs

Opener is tomorrow. I was mowing this morning when I hit a wire. The mower threw it....right through my ankle. Now we are looking at surgery to get it completely out. Talk about poor timeing! I'm just glad it wasn't any worse. Enjoy your season gentlemen regardless of your success! You never know when it might get cut short!

Ps I'm not too upset because my wife will still get to go, so I'm just putting my efforts into rooting for her. :)

redarrow

Dang.Heal quick.Good luck to your wife.

Gooserbat

Sorry to hear it, hope you get well soon.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rokhal07

Hate to hear it. Good luck to your wife though.

bigdoc

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, maybe you will be up and around soon.

trackerbucky

Sorry to hear about your accident.  Get well soon.  Good luck to your wife.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

JALA Strut

Ouch...glad that it wasn't worse.  I feel your pain...I had to miss the season year before last due to shoulder surgery the week before the opener.  I actually still went out in an arm sling a few times without a gun just to sit, call, and hear some gobbling - my wife said she was going to kill me if I slipped and redamaged the shoulder walking around the woods...LOL.  Good Luck to you with the ankle and your wife with the birds. 

bmhern

Best wishes, hope you have a speedy recovery.

TnRidgeRunner

Deepest sympathies...don't think you'll be able to go on crutches in a few weeks? I guess I'm an eternal optimist.  :OGturkeyhead:

| Justin |

Man that's a bummer... I guess I'll stop complaining about only having access to overly hunted public land.

There has got to be some sort of pop-up blind system that goes on a Rascal mobility scooter, right?  If not, I have dibs on the patent.

RutnNStrutn

Sorry about your bad luck, but happy for your good spirits!! :icon_thumright:
I would probably be contemplating slicing my wrists right about now if I were you! :lol:
I hope you heal up quickly and are able to get into the woods. :fud: :OGani:

Bigspurs68

I can't imagine how you feel. Sorry and hope you heal well.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Ishi

The Spirit Lives On

DirtNap647

datrip

Dang man that is terrible, hate to read that. Hope you wife can put one down.
Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007