turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2x4 Gobbler

Started by guesswho, April 17, 2014, 03:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I don't post many kill pictures, but figured I'd make an exception on this one.  I killed this bird this morning about 9 oclock.   I heard him early but didn't get to the killing spot until about 8:40.  I never call to a bird until I'm where I think I can kill him.  I let him gobble three or four times at leaf scratching, then hit him with my MSharpe Skeeter call.  He went crazy but would not show himself over the little hill I was looking at.  At one point he had to be 20 yards but he would not stick his head up over the hump.  I could hear him walking and drumming.  A couple minutes later he was a hundred yards to my right, then further to my right.  I had to spin on the tree twice, then hit him with Skeeter again.  He had almost completely circled me now, but now I could see him and he had committed.  Shot him at about 15 yards.  To my surprise he had two beards and four tail feathers.  When I cleaned him he had been shot before.  I don't know if someone had a hold of him and he got away, or if a predator almost got him after he was shot.  That explains his reluctance to come to the call. 

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gooserbat

Well Done. 

Some of the best birds are those beat up ol' warriors that don't look the best but they sure feel good hanging over the shoulder.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

longbeard11

Very cool!!!  Great story!!

turkey_slayer

You kill some jacked up turkeys lol

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your 2 x 4 gobbler!!  :icon_thumright:

Rokhal07

Congrats nice bird and story.

870FaceLift

Nice gobbler, congrats!  I saw one last year in WV with four tail feathers.  Crazy.
Pass it on...

Hognutz

Congrats, Ronnie!! Great story and a unique bird..Well done.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

trackerbucky

I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

jblackburn

congrats!  I've killed them missing tail feathers, but not that many! 
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

TRKYHTR

Ol snageltooth. Congrats,

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

JVA54

DirtNap647

chadly

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings