turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ATI Stock users

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, April 16, 2014, 10:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

I have been looking a tactical/turkey stock or what ever you want to call em..my problem has been hardly anyone makes one for my Mossberg 500 20 gauge...lots out there for the 12s tho.

I have seen some guys try the cheaper stocks made for the 12 on the 20s but they never lined up right.

So I found out ATI makes on for my gun...my question to you all is if you have one on any gun how do you like it ? Fit and finish good ?  Any regrets ?

Looking to pick on up this week just worried about spending that much coin and not being what I hoped for.

Thanks in advance!!

Deputy 14

I have one on an 870 police and I really like it.  It fits me better than the Knoxx stock.  The gel insert in the grip really helps a lot with recoil.  The only thing I dont like is the cheek slap so buy some kind of a pad for it, otherwise its great.

Crawl79

No complaints from me. Only thing I did different was not add install the forend rails. I though they would just be in way and I wouldn't use them.

Install was easy and my gun seems to be a killing machine since the upgrades to stock and sights.

Extremesolo

I also installed one on my 20 ga. Mossberg 500 this year.  I left the original wood forearm on the gun though.  I wanted it so that my 11 year old and I can both use it.  I also painted the entire gun and put a burris speed dot on it as well.  I do not have any complaints with it yet other than it is a little clunky where the stock adjusts but I believe you will have that with any adjustable stock.  Fit and finish is excellent, the connection is strong and sturdy and the packaging is like nothing you have ever seen.  They go all out on their boxes.  Could probably knock a few dollars off if they went to a plain cardboard box.  I did a fair amount of research before buying mine and ended up buying straight from ATI on line.  This year's stocks have a newer generation of recoil reduction.  They used a different pad on the grip and a thicker pad than in years past.  I found it a few dollars cheaper by doing an online search but could not guarantee I would be getting the newest version of the stock.  Just something to possibly keep in mind.

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks,I was hoping someone like you would chime in...But yes I have been trying to search for a cheaper price,not real good luck with that so I just plained on ordering it right from them.

I don't think the clunky will mess with me much..My forearm rattles like two skeletons on a tin roof!!

Do you know if that's fixable or is it just part of the beast ?

WV Ridge Reaper

Well just wanted to post up how I feel about the ATI stock on the Mossberg 20 gauge.

It wasn't cheap but I feel a lot more comfortable with it...I broke both of my wrist years ago and when I shoulder a gun it kinda hurts my right wrist...This also would only allow me to have the tip of my finger around the trigger.

So I bought this stock to fix those two problems.

I really like it so far,seems well built and you get the money worth.It feels really great and I just hope it don't become a problem while running and gunning..I have never owned a gun with this style of stock.

I actually added the drop bracket on mine to drop the stock down lower and I am not running the check pad adjuster.

As someone else said before the adjustable part it self does have a little play,not much but it's there.

I ordered mine from Midway..I had ordered it from ATI first then 3 days later they tell me they will have to assemble one and ship it.So I canceled my order from there and went with midway.

allaboutshooting

ATI makes excellent high quality products. I hope that stock works well for you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Snoodsniper

I looked at all of the collapsible type stocks for my 870 12 gauge. My 7 year old will be shooting it for turkey season so I wanted the best recoil reduction I could get. I settled on the Phoenix brand after looking at a bunch of reviews. I wish I could have actually handled each stock but out here in the sticks there isn't a Cabelas or bass pro around the corner. I read the knoxx can pinch your face and I wasn't sold on the ATI's recoil reduction ability. My son is happy with the kick lite stock so I guess I'm happy. Personally I like the choate stock on my gun better but its not as adjustable and doesnt reduce recoil.The choate grip is excellent and it fits me.