turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How are the FHW #6 or the LB # 6 ?

Started by Juan Gonzales, April 16, 2014, 05:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Gonzales

How are the federal heavyweight #6, that's all the gun shop has here in town. Has anyone tried the LB shells for a 20 yet? I assume they make them?

Extremesolo

Federal HW #6 are great shells but the pattern density in a 20 might not be that great.  The HW #7 have more than enough energy for turkeys out to reasonable ranges and they give a good amount of pellets in the load as well.  Winchester does not currently offer the longbeards in 20 ga.  Hopefully next year they will introduce them. 

Juan Gonzales

The local gun shop here in town have some of the Remington hevi shot loads, are they any good? I could be mistaken but I think he might even have some of the Winchester extended range shells as we'll. did they make them? I could be mistaken cause he has a lot of Winchester shells and I thought I seen some for a 20 that said extended range. Thanks again for your help!

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Juan Gonzales on April 17, 2014, 09:41:32 AM
The local gun shop here in town have some of the Remington hevi shot loads, are they any good? I could be mistaken but I think he might even have some of the Winchester extended range shells as we'll. did they make them? I could be mistaken cause he has a lot of Winchester shells and I thought I seen some for a 20 that said extended range. Thanks again for your help!

When you say Remington Hevishot,is it the old(green box with orange and yellow stripe) or the other stuff????
If it's the older stuff buy all of it you can
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

R AJ

Quote from: Juan Gonzales on April 17, 2014, 09:41:32 AM

If they are Win Extended range that is the high density shell that they quit making. It was available in #5  but not #6. Long beards are only available for 12 gauge this year.

Juan Gonzales

Surehuntsalot- yes sir it's the older stuff! I'll be picking up a couple boxes then

Dtrkyman

magnumgray

if you get some of those wingmaster HD loads in sixes  you can't miss ..... especially if the price is right..... a friend and I bought 20 boxes of 12 gauges at gander mountain for $12 a box ..... recoil isn't bad and they kill great ..... I've shot several fall birds with the  HD  20 gauge loads at 40 yards