OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kentucky Gobbler

Started by buck_hunter21, April 13, 2014, 08:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buck_hunter21

I made a trip down to Kentucky to get my 2014 season started off. Kentucky didn't disappoint.

I showed up to camp on Friday in hopes of roosting a bird for opening morning. I ended up hearing a few gobblers that evening and actually roosted one that night. The next morning I set up on the bird I had roosted and he gobbled like nobodies business....but just did not seem to want to cross a ridge to come to my set. However, with the racket he was making and the calling I was doing, it caught the attention of another gobbler. The first time I heard this bird, he was to my right and not really that close. 10 minutes later, he was close enough to have my full attention. He ended up crossing a logging road and going to the bird I set up on and ran him off. Once that bird was run off, he turned his attention to my calling. He made quick work of the distance between him and I, gobbling hard the entire time. He got to a point where he was above my hen decoy and decided that he had done enough to get the attention of the hen. So he stood pat, strutting and gobbling, waiting for her to come to him. That's when I squeezed the trigger..

20.5 lbs, 10 inch beard, 1 inch spurs

Spill Blood

memert116

TJK68

DirtNap647

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

JVA54

WillH

boomer

JALA Strut

Wrangler95

:happy0064:Great going,that is a very nice Tom,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Gooserbat

Great Bird and nice pic. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

captin_hook

bigdoc

Nice bird and pic. Congrats

slamman