OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Busted

Started by TRKYHTR, April 13, 2014, 05:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

This is what happens when you try to film your own hunts. I couldn't be set and ready to shoot and run the camera at the same time. So I had to lift my gun to shoot. It didn't help that they landed 15-20 yards away on the flydown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07edPR9WJr4&feature=youtu.be
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

land cruiser

You will get them next time :-D

Sampsta

oh man I hate that sound and feeling....same thing happened to my boy last year he tried to swing to get a shot...off they went....

keep on em!

Jbird22

Man I'm jealous..I won't hear that many gobbles all year! I'd say it's very likely that won't be your last shot at em. How may different toms were there?

DirtNap647

get them next time

TRKYHTR

Quote from: JBIRD22 on April 13, 2014, 06:03:57 PM
Man I'm jealous..I won't hear that many gobbles all year! I'd say it's very likely that won't be your last shot at em. How may different toms were there?

There were 7 in that group but I could hear another 4 or 5 off in the distance. There is 5 big gobblers that have been running together for a few years now. The first 5 that flew down were those 5 and the last on that flew down just to the right of the camera was the biggest of those. He was the one I was after. If he hadn't lit 15 yards from me I think it would have went differently and the fact I was manning the camera.
RIP Marvin Robbins

busta biggun

I totally admire you for not trying some running shot and possibly wounding a bird. You did the right thing and I can tell you that a LOT of hunters would have gone ahead and blasted at one of those birds as they were running over the hill.

Well done my friend. You will get another chance!

spur collector

Stick with them HTR you will get another crack at them before it's all said and done.

L.F. Cox

I was hunting with a fellow that picked his gun up real fast like you did....after the turkeys spooked he claimed they saw me move.

Tommy Strutsalot

man, that was awesome.  Good stuff. 

Hognutz

Nice video, Joe.  I guess that that's the reality of hunting/filming by yourself. I'm sure that gobbler's time on earth is limited!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BigAL64

Quote from: L.F. Cox on April 14, 2014, 08:19:03 AM
I was hunting with a fellow that picked his gun up real fast like you did....after the turkeys spooked he claimed they saw me move.

I was going to suggest that you bring the shotgun up a lot slower and you will get him. I know how it is though when you are trying to get it on film and your all jacked up!! Shouldn't have any trouble getting on another one though. Looks like a great place to hunt
Shoot em in the face

learn2hide

definitely true, you can move on them slowly...also if they start to freak sometimes a quick sharp call will get them stop momentarily...sounded like some jakes mixed in there too.  fantastic morning...congrats on the great hunt and good footage...next time will end with fried turkey I'm sure   :fud: :OGani:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Gooserbat

Well Joe I don't have to remind you it's called hunting not killing, but it's all fun never the less.  Best of luck next go around. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TRKYHTR

Yes I do know that you can move slow right before you shoot and usually get away with it. What you really can't see is that I was busted before I even moved my gun and the closest turkey was 15 yards away with nothing in between me and him. It was my only option and didn't work. Bet it don't happen again.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins