turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Uncle Shoots and Scores

Started by cuppednlocked, April 13, 2014, 09:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuppednlocked

This morning wasn't as productive as yesterday.  My nephew and I moved a bunch to get close to gobbling birds and got plenty of exercise to show for our efforts.

We tried a different spot after lunch with plans to go back to a known spot.  Nick is known to be flatulent at times.  A little over 30 minutes after sitting down he leaned forward and looked my way.  I heard what could have been the rumble of breaking wind or drumming.  I whispered, "did you just fart?"  His eyes told the story but he still mouthed, "no".  About that time the gobbler was crossing the path we took on the way in.  The bird strutted/spit/drummed and even gave a couple gobbles over an hour.  Never coming the extra 15 yards for the 20 gauge.  He would not leave the small burned section of planted pines.  I'm thinking a youth may have put a pellet in his backside last week.

My nephew returns to Chicago tomorrow.  I hope this latest infusion of outdoors will last until he can get back down!

10.5", 1-3/16", ~20# (scale went MIA from yesterday afternoon).

DirtNap647

boomer

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Gumby

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JVA54

JALA Strut

TJK68

Wrangler95

:happy0064:Very nice,congrats
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

remmy1187

Way to go Matt, good bird.  Looks like you two did pretty good this year.  Congrats to both of you

cuppednlocked

Thanks!

This bird was the first Nicky was able to watch.  On one hand it was fortunate he saw the show, on the other a bit disappointing he wasn't able to take the shot.

He was certainly hooked after last year.  I think he's downright infected now!!!

I quizzed him on the way home about why we set up where we did, why I made certain sounds, etc.  He's a good kid anyway but I am more impressed with him after the last two days.

spur collector

Gooserbat

Super!!!  Those smile tells it all.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase