VA Opener....Roosted Was Roasted!!

Started by VA_Birdhunter, April 12, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigStrutter

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: letinmfly on April 12, 2014, 08:00:22 PM
Congrats!!  What call is that pictured?

It is an SS custom calls slate over glass....can't say enought about it.....its the best slate call I've ever owned! Plus AL and his son that own and operate SS custom calls are top notch and you would be hard pressed to find better!   Pure turkey in there custom calls!

God bless

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

VA_Birdhunter

Thank u all for the replies and congrats! 

God bless

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like an awesome opener!! Congrats!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

spur collector

Congrats how was the birds acting I'm heading down to Bedford County on the 18th for ten days.

WV Ridge Reaper

KYFrid

Way to go Derek!  Congrats buddy. I knew when Zach sent me a text that you had 4 roosted, I knew it wouldnt take long.  :z-guntootsmiley:   See ya in about 5 days buddy. 

tomstopper

troutfisher13111

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: spur collector on April 13, 2014, 12:39:24 AM
Congrats how was the birds acting I'm heading down to Bedford County on the 18th for ten days.

They have broken up quite a bit in the area I'm hunting.  I'm on the SW end of VA.  They gobbled good on the limb Saturday and decent after they hit the ground for alittle bit then went quiet with some sporadic gobbling.  But I was out of the woods early but they could have cranked back up. 

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: WVFrid on April 13, 2014, 07:32:12 AM
Way to go Derek!  Congrats buddy. I knew when Zach sent me a text that you had 4 roosted, I knew it wouldnt take long.  :z-guntootsmiley:   See ya in about 5 days buddy.

But I can't wait for you all to get here!!  They were lighting up the woods Saturday morning!  Lord welling we will have good weather and gobbling birds when you all get here!!

God Bless

JALA Strut

spur collector

Sounds good thanks for info. Hope you get put your foot on a couple more necks before the season ends.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.