turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Easiest autoloading shotgun teardown?

Started by NC_10, April 09, 2014, 04:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC_10

Curious of the easiest autoloader shotgun to tear down and clean , parts wise etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.winsor

I don't think you can beat an SX3, right down to the trigger group.  I also have a belgum Light 12 ga, It is easy also, the only thing is you cannot take the trigger group out without doing a lot of disassembly, which is not recommended by browning.

mossyhorn9

Browning Maxus. Easiest I have seen by far.

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

sasquatch1

I don't have any experience with any other than my beneli vinci but it would be hard for me to imagine anything easier or quicker.

GomerPyle

not a Stoeger3500........I literally knocked myself out cleaning mine the first time.  I'd removed the barrel and was taking the bolt and trigger group out.  that involves removing the bolt handle.  there is no trick to it, just pull like hell.  well after trying unsuccessfully for 15 minutes, I got a pair of pliers.  I put a rag over the handle to keep the pliers from scratching it.  laid the gun on the table and stood over it (that part is key), gripping the pliers in my fist.  I pulled up as hard as I could and finally the bolt handle came loose all at once.  this sent my fist directly upward, straight into my nose.

my next recollection is laying on the floor, looking up at the ceiling, with my wife kneeling beside me looking worried, but at the same time laughing.  she said she saw the whole thing.  said I was out cold before I ever hit the floor, and was out for a few seconds.  I haven't removed the bolt handle on that gun since.
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

spam manwich

Haha that's pretty funny there Gomer. My beretta xtrema is super fast and easy. I can break it down with trigger group removed and put it back together in less than 5 mins no problem

Dtrkyman

Benelli, plus it isn't really dirty  due to the inertia drive.

ChiefBubba

Hognutz

Quote from: Dtrkyman on April 09, 2014, 06:23:02 PM
Benelli, plus it isn't really dirty  due to the inertia drive.
That's the big bonus.. All the crap goes out the barrel. Not into the forearm..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

jblackburn

Quote from: GomerPyle on April 09, 2014, 05:47:48 PM
not a Stoeger3500........I literally knocked myself out cleaning mine the first time.  I'd removed the barrel and was taking the bolt and trigger group out.  that involves removing the bolt handle.  there is no trick to it, just pull like hell.  well after trying unsuccessfully for 15 minutes, I got a pair of pliers.  I put a rag over the handle to keep the pliers from scratching it.  laid the gun on the table and stood over it (that part is key), gripping the pliers in my fist.  I pulled up as hard as I could and finally the bolt handle came loose all at once.  this sent my fist directly upward, straight into my nose.

my next recollection is laying on the floor, looking up at the ceiling, with my wife kneeling beside me looking worried, but at the same time laughing.  she said she saw the whole thing.  said I was out cold before I ever hit the floor, and was out for a few seconds.  I haven't removed the bolt handle on that gun since.

That's really funny!  You hit hard!   :funnyturkey:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Jacobson

Ithaca Featherlight semi gas assist auto is the most simplistic, least amount of parts of any shotgun I have ever seen. The only drawback is all the parts are made strong as a gorilla so the gun is not a featherlight it is one of the heaviest I have ever carried.

turkey_slayer

All are pretty simple. I can strip my Benelli completely down in a couple of minutes. I'm talking taking the trigger group completely apart and safety. Carrier latch roll pin can be a bugger tho. Beretta is pretty fast to strip as well

Old Gobbler

Sbe is about the simplest gun to take apart , I imagine the Vinci is about the same

My versamax is real quick to take down too , but not as quick as a sbe
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

VaTuRkStOmPeR