turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey scope with regular duplex?

Started by Tom Foolery, April 07, 2014, 07:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Foolery

Thinking about scoping my 20 gauge with a 1-3x20 weaver I have laying here, any worries about a straight duplex vs turkey plex?

CrustyRusty

As long as the lines are on the thicker side I would think it is fine.  I think that power range would be perfect for a turkey gun and dont understand why more scope makers dont come up with a short light etched reticle turkey scope  with illumination.  Id be all over something like that...good luck

WildTigerTrout

IMO that should not be a problem at all. I have a Leupold M8 fixed 4X mounted on my Ithaca/Tikka LSA 55 O/U  222/ 12 ga. Turkey Gun. The scope has their standard duplex reticle. I use this gun for hunting turkeys in the fall here in Pa. I have killed them with both the rifle barrel and the shotgun.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

deadbuck

I put a plain old 3x9x40 Simmons scope on a single barrel 10 gauge this year and have shot 2 with it recently and it worked fine. Look for my thread in the 10 gauge forum and you will see a pic of it. I plan on getting a Nikon turkey pro for next year.

Tom Foolery

Thanks for the info guys.

I wish someone would make a nice low powered scope with the old post/crosshair reticle for turkey hunting.  That way you have a nice bold aiming point but nothing over the turkeys head to obstruct view.

Burris, Leupold, Redfield, someone. 

CrustyRusty

Trijicon has a post with triangle reticle...but kinda pricey.

WyoHunter

That scope should work fine. Duplex is a great reticle IMO.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!