OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Traveling Hunting Camp

Started by MKMGOBL, April 06, 2014, 05:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKMGOBL

I thought I'd share my traveling hunting camp I set up for my new Tacoma rig this year. I've had these for several weeks now but today was the first good day with nothing on my do list so I set it up. I have to say once I got it straightened out & figured where to hook things, it went pretty darn sweet. I think that I can have it completely set up within 15 minutes. This is going to save me with having to head back into town to get a room or sleeping in the front seat on my truck on hunts I want to roost the night before. Not to mention this is going to make it fun for my son who likes camping & seeing he wants to hunts out of state this year.

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

ElkTurkMan

That will work. I do something similar with my rig. I will post some pics when I get a chance

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

memert116

trackerbucky

Looks sweet.  Did you make that?
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

boomer

MKMGOBL

Thanks everyone ;) With the ac plug Toyota put in the bed of the truck, I'll be living it up back there :TooFunny: 

As for me making the tent....not a chance ;D I saw in my search on Tacoma World forum a guy that made his own but I'm not at gifted so I bought mine. It's a DAC DA3 mid size truck tent & I got the tent & air mattress as an early father's day present.

hootn

i like it. but i bought a pop up last may and like camping in it while hunting.

Gooserbat

Some Where between a tent and a pop up.   :icon_thumright:
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

DirtNap647

spur collector

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jblackburn

Nice, better that some improvisations that I have slept in!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

MKMGOBL

Quote from: jblackburn on April 07, 2014, 06:38:15 PM
better that some improvisations that I have slept in!

Yeah...I second that one :TooFunny:

slamman