OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Not a turkey but still dead

Started by CASH, April 06, 2014, 12:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

I hunted my local WMA this morning in the pouring rain. Had one bird gobble on the roost about 0720. Between the rain and my bad hearing I thought he was farther away than he was and ended up busting him off the roost.

Watched him fly further into the swamp and decided to go after him. About 400 yards in I stopped to call and was standing there listening. About 80 yards down the road I saw some movement from the left side of the swamp and 3 hogs crossed the road. I figured since I was cold and wet something was going to die today.

Put a little stalk on the hogs and ended up shooting him behind the ear with a 4x5x7 Nitro at 20 feet. Dropped him where he stood.

Kicked my butt getting him back to the truck. I'm figuring him in the 200-250 lbs range.

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

sasquatch1

nice kill man, kill everyone you can!!!!

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

jmasters

Sweet...!  your ganna have pulled pork sandwiches for a while!

Old Gobbler

Congrats Bob !!!! Hogs gain weight as you get closer to the camp --

Clean him up and start the BBQ !!!! :turkey2:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

slamman

that will make up into some good brats and breakfast sausage.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Flydown

MouthCaller

You are more of a man than I am I ain't dragging that thing no where unless I HAD to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

albrubacker

:fud:       Congrats looks like good bacon!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

memert116

budtripp

Quote from: MouthCaller on April 06, 2014, 03:37:51 PM
You are more of a man than I am I ain't dragging that thing no where unless I HAD to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

same here lol

lonnie sneed jr.

:fud: Congrats,  I love hog hunting. Not as much as turkey but I would have shot him.  :z-guntootsmiley:

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

boomer