turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

sighting in a Burris FF III

Started by tomvet, April 04, 2014, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomvet

got a burris FFIII, and I'm having trouble sighting it in.  I used a laser bore sight to sight the scope in on my Mossberg 535 at 25 yards.  I took it out in the field and shot at a target at 10 yards, shot about 8 inches below the target. I thought that I had not sighted it correctly with the laser bore sight, so I adjusted the Burris.  Shot the next target at 20 yards, was 8 inches high.  Recalibrated, then shot the next target at 30 yards, was 8 inches high again.  I was under the impression that when you put the red dot on the target, I would hit the target no matter what the distance from 10 to 45 yards.  Wrong?  What's the best way to get this scope sighted in?  T

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

worth612000

Since you can see through the window of the FFIII adjust the red dot on your guns front bead where it's lined up like if you were going to take a shot using your gun without the FFIII. This put me on the money since my guns bead sight was already accurate. Fine tune if needed at your mid range to compensate for trajectory.

James

2much2loud

Make sure you loosen both lock screws when making adjustment  not just one .....

Hognutz

I mounted a FF lll for a guy on Thurs. Don't see any locks on the adjustment turrets???
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Hognutz

Anybody have a FF lll that can jump in here?
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

d.winsor

Go to the link cash gave you.  I set mine at 12 yards and shoot out a 1" square with 2 3/4" shells, then move to 40 yards and shoot my turkey loads and adjust as necessary to put core of pattern over aimpoint (1" square on 36 x 36" paper)