turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Maxus Chokes

Started by RutStrut, March 15, 2011, 04:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutStrut

New Maxus should be in next week.  Wanted to check to see if anyone had any extra invector + chokes they wanted to part with before I head to BPS or recommendations for choke/loads.  Its the 3.5 with a 28 inch barrel.

ILIKEHEVI-13

You need a .670 or .675 exit diameter to ring that gun out.  Indian Creek, Pure Gold, or Kicks would all be good choices shooting Hevi-13 or Win Xtended Range loads.  With the Win Xtended Range you probably could go with the .670.  The Hevi13 loads probably would do excellent with the .675 choke.

SumToy

Alot of it is if you going to have a 3 inch or 3 1/2 gun.    You can run 675 to 680 and kill birds out 40 with just about any shell.  (Even FCW)   Step up to the good HTL loads and get on out with it.    Now we did one just to see how dead you could kill something with the HV-13 stuff and I think it would give you a kill pattern way past what the point of the shell being able to have the energy to kill the bird. 

Would rather see you with a SumToy Customs choke but the IC or Pure Gold are good chokes.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

RutStrut

Thanks everyone for the replies/recommendations.  Will a IC .665 work work very will with my gun and what kind of performance could I expect with 3.5 inch loads out to 40 yards?  I plan on using Win XR #6.

gunslinger

I bought a 26" Maxus last week.  With a rhino .670 choke, Hevishot #7s put 240 pellets in 10" at 45 yards.  Magblend put 200 at 45 yards.  First two shots out of the barrel.  Don't know if cleaning or polishing first would have helped the #s, but I killed two turkeys with it this week.