turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kansas Turkeys

Started by duckaholic25, March 15, 2011, 03:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckaholic25

I am getting to hunt in South East kansas in the middle of April and was wondering if any one had any advice on these gobblers. I have hunted them in Louisiana for several years now but I know it is gonna be totally different up there. Just wanted to get a heads up before taking off up there.

Hootowl

I am headed out to Kansas April 11th, when are you going to go, Maybe I can give you a scouting report. We are headed to the El Dorado area.

mnbeardbuster

A lot of the hunting in that area is going to be field hunting, small and large. Some of the Drury hunts where you see them sliding down a hedge row or fence line is pretty close. I'm going to be in the Fort Scott area April 14th.

duckaholic25

I am gonna be around the Indepedence-Elk City area on 4/15 , and yes I would love to get a scouting report. The guy that is taking me killed 2 in 2 days last year and it was his first time turkey hunting. I think the birds there are gonna be night and day difference from the tough birds that i hunt here in north LA.

Hootowl

Will do, I may not be around a Computer out that way, when are you leaving I will be back on the 16th, if you want send me your Cell # and I can text you the report day by day, weather and all. If not then I will get it to you by computer when I get back.

Hoot

Basin_hunter

I will be heading up to Kansas on April 14th for the 1st time. We will be hunting the north-east part of the state. I think the nearest town is Sabetha. Anyone ever hunted this area ?
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

duckaholic25

I am talking the lowest I have seen in 15 years.  >:(

Well shoot that stinks. I hope there are at least a few left up there..  Hoot i am gonna message you my number if I can figure out how.

Hootowl

So what your saying is the El Dorado area is going to be a Tough Hunt due to the Flooding Rains the last few years? Figures I get to go out of State and something Like this Happens.

Hootowl

Shawn, That would be sweet, then you could come call for me, Or back me up in a Brawl, Nice meeting you last Night...

Hoot

Hootowl

ksgobbler,
                    I went from Being sky High, to depressed today thanks..... Well Now at least I know. Dam and to think of all the Money I've spent already, Looks like it will be Hard Huntin all days, I like a Challenge...

Hoot

mountman62

You got any info around the council grove area, that is where Houck is from, i have been going there since 2003, missed last year, but am planning on going this year, think they have had pretty good hatches the last 2 years, just wondering, also I'm on private land
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

rodneyd

any info on the pratt county turkey hunting? im headed there the april 13

carp84

I'm going in the Haven area on April 17 and 18th...anyone know how the hunting in that area is?

Hootowl

ksgobbler
                  Will respond to your questions, when he gets back? He is are Kansas connection

Mike Honcho

Haven and Pratt areas should be decent.  As someone else said these are mostly agricultural areas ....wheat,corn bean fields and pastures.  Wooded areas are much smaller than most eastern and northern hunters are used to.  I have good success scouting in late afternoon to try and put them to roost....with limited woodands you can usually get pretty close to them in the morning. One of the areas I hunt is an area right between Haven and Pratt.