OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Plain barrel fiber optic sight options?

Started by jblackburn, April 03, 2014, 01:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

I'm going to try to kill a turkey with my old Revelation 20 gauge pump that was given to me when I was 13.  It has a 3 inch chamber and a fixed full choke.  I picked up some Federal HW in 6s hoping the flight control will shine.  I also just covered it Obsession with Mossy Oak Graphics, and the old gun at least looks the part!

My question is about fiber optic options for a plain barrel. I was planning on just using the factory bead, but with the camo barrel, the bead is a little hard for me to see/focus in on. I was looking at Bass Pro and Cabelas, and it looks like TruGlo and Hiviz both have plain barrel beads that (I think) snap on to the original bead/use magnets. 

Anybody ever try one of these? Are they a good option or junk?  What other plain barrel options are there?  I'd rather not have it drilled/tapped since I use the gun for other game.

Thanks for any input!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

bamagtrdude

Hey, I just removed a bead sight from a Winchester pump I got recently, and *fortunately* it was a screw-in bead, and I was able to get a Tru-Glo front red sight that screwed right into the spot where the bead was.  If that's not possible, then ya, you'll have to use a kit (Tru-Glo or whatever) that either uses magnets or tape.

But, yes, I've tried it, done it, and killed a turkey with that gun right after doing the mod!  :)
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Vabirddog

Google it. Hi Viz makes a sight that snaps on plain barrels, kinda like a barrel band.