OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SS Custom Calls Scratch Box

Started by drum817, March 15, 2011, 01:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

I drove up to V.A. yesterday (with Tra-Cline) and we hung out with Al & Josh at SS Custom Calls.  Had a GREAT time sitting around all day running calls and talking turkey.  I picked up this little jewel while I was there.  Al had this one picked out for himself to hunt with....but I somehow managed to get it away from him...(Shhh...Don't tell him I have it).  These little SS Scratch Boxes are about as "REAL TURKEY" as you can get.  This one is figured maple and cedar and runs VERY easy.

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

M Sharpe

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Boy did Al sucker you!!!! Al tells everybody that's the one he's going to hunt with. :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Seriously, those are some good little calls. I've got one of each style and I am going to put them to use this year.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

drum817

Quote from: M Sharpe on March 15, 2011, 04:27:11 PM
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Boy did Al sucker you!!!! Al tells everybody that's the one he's going to hunt with. :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Seriously, those are some good little calls. I've got one of each style and I am going to put them to use this year.

That's TO FUNNY  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

yelpy

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

turkey slayer

coachmitchel

Drum,

You cost me a few bucks today.  After seeing this and the field grade box you put up earlier,  just had to get one of each.  Talked to Al today, super nice guy, played a few calls, even had Josh running them outside over the phone.  Best 45 mins I had all day.  :gobble:

drum817

Quote from: coachmitchel on March 15, 2011, 10:44:27 PM
Drum,

You cost me a few bucks today.  After seeing this and the field grade box you put up earlier,  just had to get one of each.  Talked to Al today, super nice guy, played a few calls, even had Josh running them outside over the phone.  Best 45 mins I had all day.  :gobble:

THAT'S GREAT....  Al LOVES to talk turkey and calls.  When you get the scratch box and Box call,  run em' outside in the woods,  get a buddy to run em' and walk out 30 feet or so.  As long as your friend can run the calls properly you will hear EXACTLY how real these calls sound.  CONGRATS on your new calls.  Please be sure to let me know how you like them.  :icon_thumright:

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

yelpy

Quote from: drum817 on March 15, 2011, 10:56:38 PM
Quote from: coachmitchel on March 15, 2011, 10:44:27 PM
Drum,

THAT'S GREAT....  Al LOVES to talk turkey and calls.  When you get the scratch box and Box call,  run em' outside in the woods,  get a buddy to run em' and walk out 30 feet or so.  As long as your friend can run the calls properly you will hear EXACTLY how real these calls sound.  CONGRATS on your new calls.  Please be sure to let me know how you like them.  :icon_thumright:

Money well spent! You are going to love them..

paboxcall

:agreed:  Sweet scratcher --  :icon_thumright:

I simply can't put my S/B down that Al made for me this winter.  Awesome call.

:z-winnersmiley:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

drum817

Quote from: paboxcall on March 16, 2011, 11:01:39 AM

I simply can't put my S/B down that Al made for me this winter. 

Me either  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

paboxcall

Quote from: drum817 on March 16, 2011, 11:23:56 PM
Quote from: paboxcall on March 16, 2011, 11:01:39 AM

I simply can't put my S/B down that Al made for me this winter. 

Me either  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I really like the base on this scratch box, it lets me grip the S/B better and keep my fingers off the sound board, letting it vibrate; well made and well tuned.  This call will ride in the pocket all season long.   :icon_thumright:

:z-paddy-smiley113:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer