Main Menu

Bass pro blackout chokes

Started by Sampsta, April 01, 2014, 10:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sampsta

Anyone try the bass pro blackout choked made by Carlson I believe

I have a rem 1100 20 ga looking for a decent choke

Deputy 14

I'm gonna say they're pretty much the same choke Carlsons is making and branding for hevishot.

COssman14

That's what I will be using this year in my Gun! Here is the link to my pattern with the Long Beard XR's out of my Benelli Nova. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,43740.0.html
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

Sampsta

Checking the pattern out now

nickp

I picked one up for a friend of mine's 21" barrel 11-87.  He was shooting the remington turkey/predator choke and at 40 was getting 105 in a paper plate with Mag Blend.  With this choke he got 117 and with LB #4 got 115.  I think it would fair well in other guns, but his gun is not the best patterning gun for some reason.  That being said, 115 #4's aint bad at all.  Now 117 MB, something is up with that. 

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Deputy 14 on April 01, 2014, 10:07:27 PM
I'm gonna say they're pretty much the same choke Carlsons is making and branding for hevishot.

How good or bad is that HeviShot choke?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Deputy 14

Quote from: Turkey Trot on April 02, 2014, 11:49:49 AM

I like mine. Seems to be one of those chokes that put up good to great numbers with about everything I've shot through it.

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: Turkey Trot on April 02, 2014, 11:49:49 AM

my experience has been excellent with mine. I have a hevi choke in my 870 and it loves hevi 3" 2oz #6's

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Sampsta on April 01, 2014, 10:05:40 PM
Anyone try the bass pro blackout choked made by Carlson I believe

I have a rem 1100 20 ga looking for a decent choke

Midway USA has a turkey sale on and Kick's GT's can be bought for $45 or so and reasonable shipping.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter