OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

QUITTING TURKEY HUNTING!

Started by bamagtrdude, April 01, 2014, 10:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Well, at least he won't be killing any birds from your neck of the woods.

I'll bet ya a cold beer that you'll still be killing turkeys when he has moved on to a new sport.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

tnturkey

we have those types of hunters every where. I don't hunt public land but here in Tennessee you cant have a four wheeler on it. atleast the public land I live by. but don't waste your breath of those guys they aren't real hunters and there is no talking sense in them.

Illini Tom

dont ever let the idiot(s) win  :OGturkeyhead:

DirtNap647

just fun to be out there pick a different spot

silvestris

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 01, 2014, 12:36:52 PM
Oh ya, and get this - when I get back to the parking lot w/my friend, the guy is driving a BRIGHT RED Toyota pickup, and his 4-wheeler was in the back.  Guess what color it was??  BRIGHT YELLOW!!!!!!

You'd at least *think* - if he's going to HUNT with it, it would at *least* be a camo color?!?  My friend said he's talked to the guy, & tried to talk some sense into him (telling him to hunt by foot), but obviously that went in one ear & out the other!!

If I had an ATV it would have to be bright colored one or I would lose it like I did my camo flashlight.

I turkey hunt to get away from noise, nature noise excepted, and I despise the noisy contraptions.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

bamagtrdude

Well, now that I've had time to cool off, I appreciate you guys "talking me off the ledge"...  Some of you got it -- it is April Fool's Day, and I was only joking about quitting turkey hunting!!

*BUT*, the whole part about the dude on the ATV -- 100% true, every single bit of it!!!  I seriously couldn't believe my ears this morning, and then my eyes when I got back to the parking lot!

*AND*, you guys were 100% right, as well - *after* the dust had settled from ATV Hunter's ride around the land, my buddy hung in there, got on some birds, and killed his 3rd gobbler of the season - NO JOKE!  He's really earned my respect; this is only his first season (15 days of turkey hunting), he's hunting on PUBLIC LAND, and well on his way of tagging out...  I'm impressed...

So, ya...  Y'all unfortunately have to keep putting up with me on here, so ...  I ain't quittin'!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

surehuntsalot

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 01, 2014, 12:12:05 PM
Quote from: drum817 on April 01, 2014, 12:06:51 PM
Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 01, 2014, 10:53:53 AM
I'm serious about the guy on the 4-wheeler!!!

I've that on public and private land!!!  I was on a private tract of land about three years ago and heard a guy coming on a 4 wheeler.  He stopped and I told him he'd have better luck on foot....he disagreed and drove off.  I went into the the woods pretty much behind him and killed a gobbler not ten mins after he left....I'm sure he heard the shot!!!   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Unbelievable - how dumb can you get & STILL BREATHE!!!
[/quote

you would be surprised
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkey_picker

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 01, 2014, 12:36:52 PM
Oh ya, and get this - when I get back to the parking lot w/my friend, the guy is driving a BRIGHT RED Toyota pickup, and his 4-wheeler was in the back.  Guess what color it was??  BRIGHT YELLOW!!!!!!

You'd at least *think* - if he's going to HUNT with it, it would at *least* be a camo color?!?  My friend said he's talked to the guy, & tried to talk some sense into him (telling him to hunt by foot), but obviously that went in one ear & out the other!!

Just Think,,, these people are breeding and multiplying!!!!!  :help: :help:

trackerbucky

Illegitimi non carborundum (Don't let the bastards grind you down)
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

Devastator

Keep after um,i always get a kick out of someone up here that knows i hunt a few woods and say's to me well so and so got permission to hunt there, i say well congrats!I refuse to be out called in a woods,not saying im the best but i go in with full confidence of my calling and killing ability...

d.winsor

Next time take the CO's tele number with you, If they have time they might like to check it out.  Only way a hunter can take one in on public land is to have a disabled permit, then there are certain conditions.  Some places have a disabled hunters area for them.

cahaba

I have felt the same way at times. I just hate them to much to quit. What part of the state are you located in? I'm in central Alabama.

mwr

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 01, 2014, 07:21:14 PM
Well, now that I've had time to cool off, I appreciate you guys "talking me off the ledge"...  Some of you got it -- it is April Fool's Day, and I was only joking about quitting turkey hunting!!

*BUT*, the whole part about the dude on the ATV -- 100% true, every single bit of it!!!  I seriously couldn't believe my ears this morning, and then my eyes when I got back to the parking lot!

*AND*, you guys were 100% right, as well - *after* the dust had settled from ATV Hunter's ride around the land, my buddy hung in there, got on some birds, and killed his 3rd gobbler of the season - NO JOKE!  He's really earned my respect; this is only his first season (15 days of turkey hunting), he's hunting on PUBLIC LAND, and well on his way of tagging out...  I'm impressed...

So, ya...  Y'all unfortunately have to keep putting up with me on here, so ...  I ain't quittin'!
Does that mean youre not going to send me the calls?????? :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

bamagtrdude

Quote from: mwr on April 02, 2014, 02:28:39 AM
Does that mean youre not going to send me the calls?????? :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

NOPE!  You're not getting my calls!!  :)  hehehehe...

---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

reflexl

You have convinced me to start using a bright yellow 4 wheeler! :funnyturkey: