Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

THE NEW 20ga Longbeards are NOW INSTOCK!

Started by TrackeySauresRex, April 01, 2014, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

APRIL FOOLS

:funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:  :funnyturkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

COssman14

Now that was a good one! You got me all excited for a second...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

jblackburn

Still March 31 here, so that was just mean! :turkey2:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jakebird

If we were smart we'd be buying stock in Winchester ammo. When that 20 gauge offering shows up it's gonna fly off the shelves. Hope they ramp up for sales of all the Longbeard shells next year. Gettin real turf to find as word gets out.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

FL-Boss

I curious why there is such a big hard on this forum for these longbeard shells?  Every other thread over the last 6 months seems to be "Longbeard this"  "longbeard that"  At the end of the days it's still lead... and I can't see how it could ever put up the same numbers ( or hit as hard) as Fed HW #7 and HEVI #7.  I guess if they started making these in #7 and I see 200+ plus numbers from 12ga guns... and 130+ on the 20ga guns my option would change.

I assume most folks don't like HW shells due to the cost?  But are these longbeards that much cheaper in the grand scheme of things?  At the end of the day, how many times do you actually shoot during season?  I doubt the cost of HW or HEVI is going to put anyone in the poor house.  I'm not trying to start a spiting contest with lead shooters... as you should shoot what makes you happy.  But by reading this forum, you would think these longbeard shells were created by the hand of God himself. 

redarrow

You ornery old dog. You got me good on that one. :TooFunny:

Thomas6689

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 01, 2014, 09:45:12 AM
I curious why there is such a big hard on this forum for these longbeard shells?  Every other thread over the last 6 months seems to be "Longbeard this"  "longbeard that"  At the end of the days it's still lead... and I can't see how it could ever put up the same numbers ( or hit as hard) as Fed HW #7 and HEVI #7.  I guess if they started making these in #7 and I see 200+ plus numbers from 12ga guns... and 130+ on the 20ga guns my option would change.

I assume most folks don't like HW shells due to the cost?  But are these longbeards that much cheaper in the grand scheme of things?  At the end of the day, how many times do you actually shoot during season?  I doubt the cost of HW or HEVI is going to put anyone in the poor house.  I'm not trying to start a spiting contest with lead shooters... as you should shoot what makes you happy.  But by reading this forum, you would think these longbeard shells were created by the hand of God himself.

People on here are already getting 200+ numbers with the #6 and the number #5 maybe you should take some time and read all these posts before you post something like this. But you are right shoot what makes you happy and leave it at that was there really a need for this post. There are morons everywhere though I guess :funnyturkey:

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Thomas6689 on April 01, 2014, 09:56:08 AM

People on here are already getting 200+ numbers with the #6 and the number #5 maybe you should take some time and read all these posts before you post something like this. But you are right shoot what makes you happy and leave it at that was there really a need for this post. There are morons everywhere though I guess :funnyturkey:

WoW! 
  I didn't think this post was going to go in this direction. Some people don't get the whole O.G thing I GUESS. Stick around, grow a set of acorns and maybe you'll get it. This is a fun,educational,informative cite about turkey hunting. Enjoy it, and have fun. Ohhh.. and once in a while WE crack a few jokes. 
Everyone B-Well
and please play nice.
;D

jblackburn

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on April 01, 2014, 10:22:07 AM
Quote from: Thomas6689 on April 01, 2014, 09:56:08 AM

WoW! 
  I didn't think this post was going to go in this direction. Some people don't get the whole O.G thing I GUESS. Stick around, grow a set of acorns and maybe you'll get it. This is a fun,educational,informative cite about turkey hunting. Enjoy it, and have fun. Ohhh.. and once in a while WE crack a few jokes. 
Everyone B-Well
and please play nice.
;D

Grow a set of acorns!!  :TooFunny:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

FL-Boss

lol...seriously I wasn't trying to start a spitting contest.  I just don't get all the excitement of these shells.  When I see HW/HEVI like patterns... I'm sure that will change. But don't think that will happen unless they start making #7

DirtNap647

these shells pattern tighter than hevi 13 in my gun

ouachitamtnman

Same here.  Remington 870 with a Jellyhead and the #5 and #6 outdid the Hevi 13 mag blend by a long shot.  At $20 for a box of 10, that's pretty significant savings over the $25 for 5 hevi 13s...I bought 4 boxes because I believe they will be $30+ a box next year.

Oh and that was a dirty trick you dog! lol
Defending God is like defending a lion...he don't need your help...just open the cage

redarrow

Moron, really ???? The man states a personal opinion and he's a moron.Blessed are the peace keepers may sound silly but i believe somebody owes somebody else an apology.

TrackeySauresRex

^ X-2  100% Red. I'm not looking to  :deadhorse: . This was posted to get the membership a chuckle. There was really no need for that response.     

FL-Boss

it's allgood..  but I swear based on all these endless Longbeard threads, you would think the Lord is personally making these shells in heaven right now.  Show me 300+ in a 10 ring at 40 .. then I'll jump on the bandwagon.