OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Would like to hunt Texas or Arkansas

Started by turkey buster, March 31, 2014, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

I live in Louisiana and have tagged out. I would like to try to take a few more birds out of state and would like to try Texas or Arkansas since they are close to home. Anyone have any advise on where I could go? I live 30 min from the Texas line and roughly 3hrs from Arkansas

memert116

not sure if they have any spots left but I'm going to Live Oak Outfitters in a week.  Close to Eldorado, Tx They come highly recommended. 

turkey buster

Thanks but I should probably add that an outfitter over $300 is out of the question. Would rather public grounds really or some other free or low cost hunt

Gooserbat

I know nothing about it but I've been told there is some public land in NE TX.  You could try SE Oklahoma there is over 100 thousand public acres in SE Oklahoma, howbeit the turkey hunting there is hit or miss.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

turkey buster

Gooserbat you know any names of the "best" ones?

highwaygun

Im from NE arkansas but dont know much about south arkansas but I can tell you that our numbers are way down and most public land is permit only (which are not available anymore).  But if I can help you in anyway just pm I will do some asking around if you wanna go the arkansas route.

Gooserbat

Quote from: turkey buster on March 31, 2014, 08:56:24 PM
Gooserbat you know any names of the "best" ones?

Ain't many birds left in Oklahoma.  They all died out since I started selling calls. :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.