turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cousin smacked one in MS

Started by MouthCaller, March 31, 2014, 08:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

I normally wouldn't post stories of other people's kills but this one was too good. He's hunting our family's property in north ms prentiss county. He's been really busy with work and building his new house this was the first morning he's hunted. Started off not leaving on time because of mis judging the time that he needed to leave he told me he had to run to make it to fly down. Said he stepped out of the truck and barely had his feet on the ground and heard one hammer.  Got to a food plot that had produced before and the bird was roosted on the ridge road in the pine thicket at the end of the plot. He rushed to set up at the end of the plot and busted a hen off the roost luckily away from the gobbler. Well he was knelt down with his gun luckily without a face mask setting up decoys and looked up and a hen was in the plot. Not knowing what he was the hen just looked at him and right behind him was a long beard and a jake. After several tense moments by having to made sure the gobbler had at least a 6" beard he decided he was legal and dropped him at 42 yards all the while he was knelt down beside his decoys in plain sight. He said when he shot every turkey in the county was roosted on that ridge and in one huge mass made a break for it. He realized after it was over that the reason they all came into the plot when they did was because they thought the original hen had flown down into the plot not that she was scared off. He had a 9" beard and 1" and a 5/8" broken spur he was also sporting a spur wound on both sides of his breast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

memert116

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

DirtNap647

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

Well Done!!!  makes me feel good to see some Blood n Feathers!!!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

COssman14

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

darn2ten

WillH

JALA Strut

sadkins

Congrats

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

alloutdoors