Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scoring your bird please read

Started by reflexl, March 31, 2014, 09:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I know of you have been very busy latley and haven't had much time to talk turkey. In order to get a score to count you must follow the rules posted above. Some general reminders are:

1. measure your spurs with a flexible tape around the outside curve. If you measure it with a ruler there is only the total length from the beginning of the spur to the tip to count. Even though a spur measures 1 1/8" or 1.125" you will most likely only be able to count 1". If you need a flexible tape I have several I will be glad to share.

2. Make sure you take a picture of both spurs. Even if they are the same length we have to prove it.

3. Take a picture of the bird on the scales even If you don't think the weight will show. Then take a pic of the scale up close. If it comes down to it I can probably scavenge the scale image with the bird hanging enough to read it.

4. Keep it fun. we are all doing this for the fun of it. Even though the rules have to be followed for a score to count don't get so serious that it takes the fun out of hunting.

5. If you have trouble posting images you can email them to me at reflex264@yahoo.com and I will be glad to post them for you. If you do this use your member name as the subject.