OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cheapest non toxic

Started by Nick8403, March 29, 2014, 09:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick8403

I've got a spot I'm hunting that is non toxic shot only and might only get to hunt it a few times this year so what's the cheapest non toxic other then steel I can get

sugarray

20 gauge Federal Heavyweight in 1 1/2 oz #7 for $20 a box of 5 or so, + shipping.  I don't know how much hevi is in the 20 gauge.  12 gauge hevi in 3.5" 2 1/4 oz #7 are $30 a box or so.  You just have to get on the web and search.

worth612000

I would think Hevi 13 with their $10 a box rebate for up to 2 boxes for $20 max rebate. Buy local or search for the cheapest shipping. Rebate form online. Check classifies on OG

hookedspur

Nick8403 Shoot whatever non toxic your gun shoots the best . 1 Box of shells will last you all season , so please shoot the best you can for your sake and the Birds.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

budtripp

Well steel would be the cheapest but in no way would I ever shoot steel at turkeys. Hell I don't even want to shoot it at waterfowl but the govt makes me. Go hevi

Woodsman4God

There was a thread started recently called what I find and the forum member was posting name and phone # of store clearancing turkey products. I know a few of them were non toxic shot. One specifically was Remington Hevi shot. dont remember price but for 10 Shells and I think $20 ish bucks it might be a good bet

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Doesn't Hevi make a Hevi/Steel blend?  Hevi Metal I think is what its called, I would think it would be cheaper. No idea if it shoots well, though.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.