OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot Call Cases

Started by Dr^ke, March 29, 2014, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr^ke

What are you guys using to carry extra pot calls with you and keep them safe? My vest is maxed out of room for them and I don't want to just throw them in a back pocket and have them banging them off each other. Ideally, I'm looking at an exterior case I can attach to my vest. I was looking at a case from HS Strut to store a twisted sister and lights out aluminum but not sure if they will fit or not. A few reviews said it was a tight fit on their pots. So any recommendations? Heres the one I was looking at:

memert116

I've looked at that case in the store and would say they will fit but it will be tight.

West Augusta

I have several of those cases and they work quite well for me.  You can carry two pots in each case.  Keeps em from rattling around.  They also hold larger pot calls.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

goblr77

I had my mother-in-law make these for me. Each pouch holds a pot and two strikers.

gwa

I actually just picked one up like that last night. Works nice for me.

Denny

hunter22

Here are some of the call cases I got from Homer's Upholstery. He used to be on the forums but I have not seen his name in some time. He used to be Stumpy's (on here) brother-in-law. I have several of the Strut cases and like these better. But they only carry one call at a time.

DirtNap647

I picked up a bass pro slate cover pretty nice just no place for the striker

COssman14

I have one of those they work pretty well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

blackmagic

Sounds kind of redneck, but I carry my pots in a neoprene can coozie.  Originally put on it it to stop rattling around in the 2 call spot in my vest.  Now I just put it in there all the time.

goblr77

Quote from: blackmagic on April 02, 2014, 05:35:24 PM
Sounds kind of redneck, but I carry my pots in a neoprene can coozie.  Originally put on it it to stop rattling around in the 2 call spot in my vest.  Now I just put it in there all the time.

Whatever works.  :icon_thumright:

ElkTurkMan

I use the pot call holder that primos makes. I have the wood haven surface savers on my pots and the primos holster holds two large pots with surface savers and two strikers.

MKMGOBL

Quote from: blackmagic on April 02, 2014, 05:35:24 PM

Hey now...rednecking it works :icon_thumright:

I borrowed (but quickly turned to stealing ::) ;D) two Rubbermaid 14oz containers from my wife's pantry. I threw some camo tape over them, paper towel in the bottom, add a call, cut out cardboard top for it bottom call, throw in another call & finish it the lid with another paper towel to keep the calls from banging around. I've been carrying two of them (4 calls) around in my vest for at least 20yrs now.
After posting this last night on another thread, I looked on eBay for the containers & bingo!! I've had my 2 original cases, my sons both have 2 for when they get older & now I bought 4 more for down the road if I need them ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351050258540?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Illini Tom

i have a couple of the hs pot call carriers and they work fine, but be wary of the striker holders.
i lost a couple strikers even though its a tight fit

fl panhandler

I have been using these for years. I lined them with headliner material. Padded and pretty durable. I don't think Wendell's calls will fit, but most calls between 3"- 3 3/4" fit very well. That's one of Andy Kaisers call in the picture. I have quite a few left if you are interested shoot me a pm and we can get something worked out. I just throw them in the cargo pocket of my BDU's.
Rick

jblackburn

I apparently bought one sometime in the last couple years that is like that HS one.  It's a Walmart Turkey Thug one that was in my camo tub, new with tags.  Sucks getting old!  Can't remember crap anymore
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.