turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How lucky can one guy be?

Started by imp, March 29, 2014, 02:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imp

Supposed to rain this morning. Got up early, and it hadn't arrived yet. I made some coffee, grabbed a cigar and proceeded to my make shift barn blind. Took both the Bow and gun with me. I had seen several Toms crossing the arena the last month or so. I was hoping they were still near by. As soon as the slightest light could be seen, I started hearing Gobbles in the distance. Gave a few amateurish clucks on my mouth call and heard a gobble a little closer. I had decided that since I was in the blind wearing black that I would use the bow. Some how it just seemed a little more sporting. I didn't have a decoy out, probably should of because no sooner did Two Toms appear, they started to leave. I had the bow drawn back, took dead aim, made a squeak to get him to raise his head and let it fly. Crap! I hit the blind edge with the arrow and the birds exploded out of there. What a buffoon, that's the second time in two years I have done that.  I listened to see if they were still around and they were about 50 yards away in the ravine. I figured I could get ahead if I hurried over the hill and hid behind this big pine. As luck would have it they did come my way. I waited real quiet and until they passed by about 25 yards. Then this

"well, other than the occasional proffer of wisdom or sound advice, mostly my job is to walk around and animadvert the
situational happenings."

DirtNap647

eddie234

Very nice! Congrats

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Vabirddog

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

boomer

SS Calls

beagler

Never Misses

alloutdoors

renegade19

WV TURKEY THUG

darn2ten

JVA54

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021