OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fastfire III mounting question for SBE II

Started by Alaskan Hunter, March 27, 2014, 08:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan Hunter

Hello All,
Newbie here, actually first post in this forum. I have an SBE II and I want to put a Fastfire III on top. I have read about the use of a Marlin 336 mount. I have a steady grip stock without the raised comb, so I need to mount the FF III as low as possible. Which is why I am thinking about the Marlin 336 mount. Here is my question: would it be possible to modify (drill the holes) the mount to attach at the rear 2 scope mount hole provided by the factory? Is there anyone out there that has mounted a FF II or III in this manner? if so can you send me a close up picture of the mount?

Thanks
Alaskan Hunter

reynolds243

Have the mount drilled to fit the gun. Many have done it

Or if you want lower then that get a speed bead mount

Full strut

Dang that's a nice gun! I was thinking about doing the sperdbead mount instead. Any issues with yours over the 336 mount?

reynolds243

Quote from: Full strut on March 09, 2015, 07:26:25 PM
Dang that's a nice gun! I was thinking about doing the sperdbead mount instead. Any issues with yours over the 336 mount?

nope, actually like it better in all honesty. 

Full strut

Well I definietly like how clean it looks. btw do you like your sbe2 with the steady grip stock? Been thinking about getting one and after seeing your set up I'm kinda sold on the idea now

reynolds243

Wouldn't turkey hunt without it brother. I like it that much. I like the speed bead because I can still use my bead if needed or to check if it's still on.

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

Full strut

Yeah I figured it was worth it to get the steady grip. Can't find one in apg right now for a decent price, otherwise I would already have it. Pretty easy to install on the sbe2?

reynolds243

Yeah it's just a bolt on. Fyi keep checking eBay I got mine for $56 shipped to me in black then just had it dipped to match.

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

Full strut

Yup been checking on eBay, hope to get lucky like you did. My gun is already a mix of max 4 and apg. Midaswell throw in a black steady grip! Who did your dip? Bottomlands is my pattern. Whoever did your gun did a dang good job

BINK McCARTY

Use a weaver 93A base P/N:48506 fits right on.