turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington wingmaster hd?

Started by Dtrkyman, March 27, 2014, 04:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Found a bunch of these 20ga loads cheap!, Wingmaster hd 3 inch 1 1/4 oz 6 shot, I know they came right after Remington and Hevi parted ways, anybody have any info or patterns?

Got some 2 3/4 Fed. heavyweight 7s to try out of my old Iver Johnson single   :fud:

remmy1187

If they are cheap I would give them a go.  Cant hurt to try them, if they don't pattern well you  could always use them for ducks or ringnecks.

Dtrkyman

I was going to grab some, but my 20ga single shot is only 2 3/4 and my Browning gold that is my upland/dove gun is 3 inch but I do not intend to turkey hunt with it!  I may grab some anyway and smash some mallards with it!

I thought I remember when it came out reviews were not great, but that was likely all with a 12 bore!

R AJ

If they are really cheap the shot alone  may be worth the price. They should definitely work for ducks.

That shell seemed to like a more open choke such as 575 than being squeezed to tight.

owlhoot

I had seen some for 12 bucks for 5 rnds, same load. Dont know if thats cheap?
Tried some 12 gauge for a friend , they were ok, Win HV were better in his gun.

Dtrkyman

these are 10 bucks for 5 rounds, so really cheap, the shot in them is probably worth the cost of the shells with tungsten being so high!

I may clean them out of it and use it for waterfowl!