turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A friends fight with cancer

Started by fallhnt, March 27, 2014, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

After being diagnosed with bone cancer about four years ago,my buddy was told there is no more they can do for him. He has been very optimistic throughout the whole treatment and I believe an inspiration to cancer patients and healthy people in general. If your didn't know he had cancer you couldn't tell. It truely has been a blessing having him for a friend. We are tryng to get him out for one more hunt this spring but his loose of weight has now made it difficult to walk without the aid of a walker. In the fall of 2012 we were in MO. on public land in an area where I had called up 8 longbeards during archery season. I put him in the first known area and I set up about 300 yards away. He was rite under them. After he put down the first one it was only a matter of time before they ganged up on the fallen and he had a double. That is truely the way I will remember Rich. Here are a couple pics from that fall day.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

JALA Strut

Sorry to hear about your buddy...he and his family will be in my prayers! Great pics and memories from the 2012 season.  I hope somehow he manages to get out with you this season too, even with the weight loss.

SS Calls

Sorry to hear this. I hope you guys can make some more memories in the turkey woods this Spring. Prayers for Rich and the family.  :jesus-cross:

allaboutshooting

Friendship and support are so important in times like these. Prayers have been said for Rich, his family and his friends.

His story is inspirational.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

redarrow

Prayers sent my Brother. May God be with both of you. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

bamagtrdude

Prayers sent to family - and friends; may God comfort all of you!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

darn2ten

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately I no all to well about cancer. My mom is battling it now. I have a special place in my heart for those with this terrible disease. Will send a prayer to the good Lord above for Rich. Really hope you get to make that hunt this spring!

flintlock

Dude. You made my eyes water.  Congrats on knowing him and having such a day (and his friendship) to remember.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Prayers sent for all of you.......

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bmhern

Wishing the best for both of you. Prayers sent.

memert116

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

TJK68

Thoughts and prayers for you both. :bible: