Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need a new small frame diaphragm call...recommendations?

Started by blackmagic, March 26, 2014, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmagic

I'll preface my request with the following....this is the first year I've felt confident enough with a diaphragm that it's become my primary call.  I have to use small/youth frames and have finally found one that I can actually make sound like a turkey.  It's the HS Split V II.  But I cannot find to buy them individually and the HS site doesn't even show it listed.  I received this call in a 3 pack of various cuts and this has been "the one" for me.  So I guess I like a 2 reed inverted V call.  Any recommendations? or something I've got to try?

land cruiser

A number of folks here can help you get exactly what you need.  Gooserbat, TRKYHTR are two that come to mind. 

COssman14

Hooks custom calls has always impressed me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

Gooserbat

Pm me if your interested. I have my standard Young Gun call but I also have 2 prototypes I'm working on.  One is a batwing and the other is a Jr Bacon 

http://gooserbatcalls.com/catalog.php?category=1

Check out #008
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Jbird22

My favorites are as follows:
- Hooks: Jr Executioner II & Jr 3 Reed V
- Houndstooth: Dixie Combo (small frame)

Also, William Terry with Legacy Game Calls has started making several of his popular calls in small frame versions. I've tried all 3 and they're good calls also.

patrick4

Jbird22

Quote from: Dirt nap on March 26, 2014, 01:26:55 PM
Hooks are small
Hooks tape is small (unless you order full size) but the frame is still standard size. The OP is actually looking for small frame calls which Hooks, among others, also makes.

Sadler McGraw

Scott Hook made my son several last week, they are some realy good calls. 
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

Jbird22

Quote from: Sadler McGraw on March 26, 2014, 03:34:09 PM
Scott Hook made my son several last week, they are some realy good calls. 
Yes indeed! I contacted Scott several years ago about making some small frame calls that were more advanced than the typical two reed small frame calls. He was the first one (out of the several I contacted) to truly take my request seriously and he's been building calls for me ever since! 

jfair

Top Calls out of Renova PA has some great small frame calls. I love the red one. Believe it's called the 'real hen'. Lots of calls that I like better but this one always finds it's way in the call pouch.  Killed more birds with this call than any other.