OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Compact camo binocs

Started by olejake, March 25, 2014, 02:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olejake

In the market for new compact binoculars ( not the thousand dollar kind) ...what is the best bang for the buck these days?  Got a set of nice  Leupolds but just way too heavy..any input?

DirtNap647

I bought a pair of the Nikon eagleviews in mossy oak I really like them they have adjustable power really brings things in

Gooserbat

Bushnell Legend 10X26 is what I use but the stuff from Vortex and Nikon are really good.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bbcoach

I've got a pair of Bushnell Legend's also that are really clear.  They are 10X42's though.  I have them on the Crooked Horn Straps that hold them tight to my chest and I don't even know their there until I reach for them.  These Legends will run about $250.  Best of Luck with your search.

MouthCaller

I have a pair of Nikon 10x50 they're not exactly compact or light but I have a bino system strap that goes on the shoulders instead of the neck so weight isn't the problem they were about $200 new when I got them a few years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Vabirddog

I dropped my compacts years ago and a cow stepped on them, so now I have a monocular and a backup and it is light and perfect for checking out field blobs and woods roads.

jblackburn

I picked up a pair of Nikons from wally world for like $80 that I like.  My next pair will be Vortex.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Turkey Trot

Vortex and Vanguard both make good binocs worth the money and the lower end quality is good.

I've used Pentax binocs and liked them.  I am curious about the 8x21 and 8x25 units its has available now, and the price is pretty low too. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/321644-REG/Pentax_62211_8x25_UCF_X_II.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/568629-USA/Pentax_62593_8x25_DCF_SW_Binocular.html
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

kevin2

Not sure what you are after, but I down sized the binoculars I usually bring out hunting last year IN AN ATTEMPT to reduce my overall weight in all my hunting vests. I saved over half the weight by going with the monocular. I got the 8x36 Vortex Solo Monoculars, very light, very clear, and very handy in all applications I've used it for over the last year. Check them out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgEokHVmZtc
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Iowaturkey

Quote from: kevin2 on March 25, 2014, 03:58:05 PM
Not sure what you are after, but I down sized the binoculars I usually bring out hunting last year IN AN ATTEMPT to reduce my overall weight in all my hunting vests. I saved over half the weight by going with the monocular. I got the 8x36 Vortex Solo Monoculars, very light, very clear, and very handy in all applications I've used it for over the last year. Check them out...

Got the same and very happy with them.

beagler

Never Misses

kevin2

The weight adds up, and these monoculars are also very high quality. Can't go wrong in my opinion. On was on the quest last year to lighten my vests, as my deer hunting vest in particular was so over loaded my neck and back hurt after wearing it. This, along with several other lightening upgrades, left my vests lighter, almost enjoyable to wear again!

Quote from: Iowaturkey on March 25, 2014, 04:09:19 PM
Quote from: kevin2 on March 25, 2014, 03:58:05 PM

Got the same and very happy with them.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

olejake

Thanks to all for the input...I was unaware of Vortex....purchasing the Diamondback 10 x 32...not the smallest, but loooked like the best bang for the bucks..and yet smaller and lighter than the current Leupolds I hunt with..OpticsPlanet has 'em on sale at 199 with free ship...

Rio Fan

I've got the Vortex Diamondback 10x42.  I really like them and they have a lifetime warranty that can't be beat.

olejake

Quote from: Rio Fan on March 26, 2014, 11:00:03 AM
I've got the Vortex Diamondback 10x42.  I really like them and they have a lifetime warranty that can't be beat.

Yeah, wish they had made 'em in camo, but the green looked close enough..did a lot of research past 4 days..for the $$ couldnt be beat..water/fog proof...believe I will be happy