OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Experience with a IC 655 Invector plus?

Started by Clint Shook, March 25, 2014, 07:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Shook

Would like to hear about your experience or opinion on an IC 655 in a BPS. 3.5".  Thanks

Birdman

Have been using the .665" constriction since 2005 in my BPS and have great results.
Have tried others in my gun like H.S Stut and Comp-N-Choke during patterning but always end up with the IC back in the barrel for the season.
It shoots Winchester Supreme HV 3 1/2" #5 in a fantastic pattern that I don't have to worry.
You need to find the right shell for your gun and choke combo.
Over the years I have tried many different shot sizes/lengths and brands and my gun choke combo loves the 3 1/2" #5 Winchester Supremes HV.

I will be patterning the new Long Beard shells from Winchester if it ever warms up here where I live. Turkey season is only 4 weeks away and we still have over 3 feet of snow in the bush.

Clint Shook

I've got an IC 665 and like yours it's the only brand that shoots well in my bps.  Never tried a different constriction in the IC and was wondering if others have tried smaller or larger constrictions in IC/bps. 

Thanks for the info. 

Oconeeguy

I have a 3" BPS that likes IC .675 & .665, but didn't like IC .655. That constriction really blew patterns with everything i tried.

shotgun_oly

I have a IC .650 & .655 that I picked up awhile back but haven't tested them yet. I plan on trying them with Win LB 5-6's as soon as the weather gets better  :turkey2: 

BHMTitan

I have an old 2.75" Browning A5, 22" Inv Plus barrel.  The IC 655 is what I've found to be the best for lead Win X #6 (gray box), pattern average is 100 in the 10" at 40y.  Shooting Hevi13 #6, the IC 665 did better than the 655, giving a mid 150's average.

Clint Shook

Thanks oconee guy.  I tried a 655 Carlson and it blew patterns.   Does your gun prefer the 665 or 675 IC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint Shook

Shotgun.  Let us know how the 650 and 655 perform. 

shotgun_oly

I sure will :icon_thumright: Both chokes are pre-SS without wad catchers so it should be interesting to see what they'll do with the Win LB #5-6's & Fed Thug #6's :funnyturkey: Now if only it'll get above 40 degrees and stop snowing  :fire:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

You're constricted way too tight in an invector plus bore with a .655.

I don't shoot lead have extensively patterned nitro w h13 and commercial h13 shells. I'd never recommend constricting the invector plus bore any tighter than .665 and I have shot the .655, .665 and .675 in my Silver bore.

shotgun_oly

Maybe your right but well see :popcorn: Brownings full strut choke is a .655 & the TG SSX is .643 and I've seen both produce good patterns with lead #6's  :z-twocents: Also have a older Terror .655 & SSX I'm going to throw in the mix  :toothy9:

decoykrvr

I've got a 31/2" BPS w/ a 26" polished barrel and have evaluated the IC .655,.665, and .675 tubes w/ the "old" green Remington Hevi-shot shells and all the EnvironMetal loads in both 3" AND 31/2".  The IC .655 was too tight w/ all the loads evaluated and subsequently sold.  The IC .665 produces the best patterns w/ both the EM Hevi-13, 6's and 7's.  However, the IC .675 excels w/ the Hevi-13 5's and MagBlends.  I wouldn't hesitate to hunt w/ either the IC .665 or .675 with any of the Hevi-13 loads.

NC_10

My BPS 24" stalker 3.5 in. Long beard xr's #6s @ 50 yards. IC .665.

Shoots hevi shot good also.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Honestly, I think the most consistent chokes that put up the highest numbers in a 10" circle with invector plus bores are rhino.

Throw a rhino .670 in the end of your gun and watch her go to work!

cahaba

I have a SX3 and the KicksGT .675 out performed the .665 I.C. choke. All guns like different chokes though. I'm like Va I like .670 or more with INV+.