Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ground's Thunder! Better than the Haint?

Started by Number17, March 24, 2014, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number17

:z-winnersmiley:I just got this call a couple days ago and I'm still figuring out how to run it consistently.

I think it ought to work.

http://youtu.be/wJM2gsBTo7g

#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

yelpertom

longbeard11

Number17

Quote from: yelpertom on March 27, 2014, 03:15:52 PM
I think the haint sounds alot better

You honestly think this is a better gobble than my rendition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yu96nh1Ft4

I guess my turkeys must gobble a whole lot different from your turkeys.  The Haint boys and a few others on youtube can blow that call pretty darn good with the tongue flutter, but the vast majority of guys don't sound anything like a gobble to me.
The rythm of the tongue flutter is 10x faster than the staccato nature of a natural gobble.
A couple of guys blow the Haint with the "tucka tucka tucka" technique, and they are far and away the best sounding gobbles out there.

#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

memert116

I think that will work for what you intend it to do and I asssume that is to locate or bring in a gobbler but I would say the Haint sounds better to me.

L.F. Cox

I'd definitely pick yours over the Haint....but I think both are a waste of money.

Devastator

I love my haint,almost threw it in the garbage after only a few times trying it.Practice practice practice,almost like every call right????

yelpertom

Number 17 I wasn't trying to affend u, your rendition of a gobble sounds well, I just answered the question u asked. I posted that vid of me blowing the haint to get some feedback , I never said I thought I was better! I agree some guys blow it and sound awesome! Sounds like I need to work on it

ltprod

SCGobbler

Why not just use a tube call and "tuka tuka tuka" into it?  Sounds as good as you need to gobble.  I have never been in a situation where I needed a huge loud boisterous gobble until this past weekend.  I didn't think about gobbling until after the fact.

I had a dominant bird in front of me that got hung up.  He ran off the other two gobblers that were behind me.  Had I thought about it I would have gobbled at him since they left and I wasn't.

Hind site is 20/20.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

yelpertom

I just think it sounds too much like a barnyard turkey doesn't have enough roar!I hunt Eastern turkeys and when they gobble you know it

WV Ridge Reaper

Sounds like a jake to me..I have no problems with my Haint.

Is the call you have a blow call ? Any links where to buy one ?

WV Ridge Reaper

Actually that grounds if thunder don't sound to bad at all with this guy running it
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cf5irptjaEI

mwr

Number17

Quote from: mwr on April 03, 2014, 01:31:28 AM
Waste of money.......

That's what they said about the first diaphragm calls that came out.
"Who needs that contraption when I can yelp on a blade of grass?"
Waste of money.......
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls