OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What she'll ?

Started by Canteathorns, March 24, 2014, 07:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canteathorns

Besides long beards what do you think the next best shell ? What shell on average puts up the highest numbers . I know remington ain't even in the running .

surehuntsalot

Federal Turkey Thugs
Win. XX Magnums
Win. HV
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

darn2ten

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 24, 2014, 07:27:13 PM
Federal Turkey Thugs
Win. XX Magnums
Win. HV
X2, in just about that order. The thugs were the best for me in 5's, but the red hull Win. XX in 3-2-6 has always been a top consistent performer for me in 6's. I like the HV #5's, but they are not quite as consistent out of my guns.

Longshanks

Win XX 3/2/6's (red)

Win HV  3/ 1 3/4 / 6's. (black)

*These two shells are bad to the bone inside 40. I opt to hunt with them sometimes over everything because of total confidence based on prior hunts. Tomorrow morning I'm hunting with 870sm/ ventilator .655/ Win XX 3" 6's.  160-170 in a 10 @ 40.

bmhern

I have to go with longshanks, win 3" xx magnum 6's used them for years, never let me down

memert116

Every turkey I've killed has been with Remington Premier Magnum 3" #5's.

WildTigerTrout

I have no experience with the longbeards. In 12 ga. my favorite is the Win."Supreme" 3 1/2" High Velocity 2 oz. load of #6 shot. In my 10 ga. it's the "old  pre- FCW Federal "Premium" 3 1/2" 2 1/4 oz. of #6 shot. In my 20 ga. I have two favorites. The old pre-FCW Federal "Premium"  3 inch 1 5/16 oz of #6 and the Win.3 inch 1 5/16 oz. of #5 shot.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!