turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Takeing pics of our birds.

Started by unclerick, March 14, 2011, 09:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclerick

Guys I have already had a pm from another team about latimer's bird pics, I have already sent latimer a message concerning the pictures, be sure to get good pics of each measurement espeacaily a wieght pic of the bird on the scales and good tape pics of the spurs.
Latimer did a great job on what he did and I can tell he took them pics by hisself, the measurement on the spurs are off so I have been told that this bird will be protested if scored and counted, but season is early yet and there will be more birds killed, ,,, GO GET EM GUYS.
   Your team captain, Rick
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

If we make a mistake on one of the measurements, can we go back and fix the problem? Will we be able to count the bird then?

turkeybow

I say we need to get away from using that kind of tape measure.  It doesn't correctly measure spurs in my opinion anyways.  I use a linen measuring tape because you measure the outside curve.  Those spurs would probably be 1in if a linen tape was used to measure them the right way.

"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

unclerick

Dustin, I believe so, if you got the pics and put them up later they should work.

Shawn, I dont know, I take all mine by my self and its not a easy thing to do.

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on March 15, 2011, 07:52:54 AM
Dustin, I believe so, if you got the pics and put them up later they should work.

What about Latimer's bird, will he be able to use that bird if he adjusts the measurements to what the picture reflects?

latimer shedhead

This whole competition is based on the honor system. The spur was dead on a inch from scale to tip, but seeing the pic it looks like i moved, because you can't even see the scale. It is what it is..God willing and he  leaves me on this earth, that bird is going to be replaced real soon. He wasn't the original bird i set up on, he just came in and it was shoot or get busted. And i'm proud to take any legal bird on public land. Stack'em up Boys...Dey dun maid me maddd :z-guntootsmiley: :newmascot: :fud: :z-guntootsmiley:

harvester

Latimer I would hate for them not to use your bird just because there was an error in the pictures. Like you said it is, what it is. I think it must have been one of the DooDoo hunters, they are feeling threatened by you and the rest of the team. Great job, getter done again.

doublegobble

How in the world did we get drug into this?  :begging: You guys all want to blame things on the past champs. You must be scared.  ::) We aren't scared of a baby bird like that.  :P
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

BigGobbler

Oh I can see it now protest on my 20Lb plus  osceola very rare but they are out there.

unclerick

To my team members: it was not voo doo hunters that sent me a pm, out of respect I decided not to say who it was, again it was not the imfamous voo doo hunters.

Latimers bird pics are ok, he posted a scale pic and if his measurement are right then Shanon will be able to determine if its a legal contest bird. Also we have to put the birds score on the measurement list useing the score o matic, so dont forget.Lat did good on his first contest bird, lets be sure we continue to get better guys, and remember "SMOKE A FATTY" for team Full Strut Productions.

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on March 15, 2011, 07:15:01 PM
To my team members: it was not voo doo hunters that sent me a pm, out of respect I decided not to say who it was, again it was not the imfamous voo doo hunters.

Latimers bird pics are ok, he posted a scale pic and if his measurement are right then Shanon will be able to determine if its a legal contest bird. Also we have to put the birds score on the measurement list useing the score o matic, so dont forget.Lat did good on his first contest bird, lets be sure we continue to get better guys, and remember "SMOKE A FATTY" for team Full Strut Productions.

Good deal on Latimers bird.
Just figured I would stir the pot a little with the voodoo team thing. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

unclerick

Yeah Dustin I know what you mean, but their not the ones, the pm actualy was a surprise from who sent it.

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on March 15, 2011, 07:27:43 PM
Yeah Dustin I know what you mean, but their not the ones, the pm actualy was a surprise from who sent it.

All I know is "If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen".  :z-guntootsmiley:

doublegobble

Quote from: unclerick on March 15, 2011, 07:15:01 PM

That's better!  :icon_thumright: Thanks for clearing that up Rick. Now back to the task at hand, at least you guys have one bird which will probably be your total harvest for the year.  :wav:
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

mfd1027

Kind of a shame when grown men feel like they have to troll around on everybody's threads checking pic's and calling fouls.  This is "supposed" to be a fun contest for everybody that's involved.   I wonder if the same folks send a headsup when a guy makes a mistake and lists a measurement that's too short. :hello99: Just keep whackin and stackin boys.   We'll be fine when it's all over.   
Dan