turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington Wingmaster HD Turkey/Predator choke

Started by mossyoakpro, March 23, 2014, 02:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossyoakpro

Anyone know the constriction of the Wingmaster HD Turkey tube?  It came in my latest gun.

Thanks!!
Phillippians 4:13

jordanz7935

mossyoakpro

Thanks!!  I finally found it on a website that sells them.  It is a .672??  Kinda strange constriction but I will give it a whirl anyway.

Thanks again!!  Best of luck this season!!

jordanz7935

Your welcome. Best of luck this season to u too. A friend has one that came in his 870 turkey/predator, and it patterns good with 3&1/2 winchester HV #5s

mossyoakpro

I don't think my old bones can handle a 3.5 but I am gonna try some Hevi-13 #6's 3" through it just to see what it will do.  It may be a little too open for my liking but you never know.

Thanks again!

FL-Boss

I'm guessing this came with your Sureshot 870 or 11-87 super mag. I had the same gun.. and that factory choke is actually pretty good.  If you don't like it.. anyof the Primos Jelly Head is always great.
Also - shoot the #7 HEVI

mossyoakpro

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 23, 2014, 10:03:35 PM
I'm guessing this came with your Sureshot 870 or 11-87 super mag. I had the same gun.. and that factory choke is actually pretty good.  If you don't like it.. anyof the Primos Jelly Head is always great.
Also - shoot the #7 HEVI

I just got the Turkey/Predator 870 SM with the Shur Shot and the 20" barrel....I am gonna give the #6's a try since I have them on hand....I do have some Fed HW #7's to try.  I have the JH 665 and the 660 on the way.  I also have a Hevi, Patternmaster 665, Carlson's 660 and a Ventilator as well as the factory tube to try out until I find the right combo I am looking for.

Thanks for the info!  I may order some Hevi 7's

captin_hook

I got 175 in the ten at 40 yds. Out of that choke with hevi 6s 3 inch. Nice even pattern also. I've been hunting with it for a few years now. I've crushed birds at 40 yards with that combo.

mossyoakpro

Awesome! Thanks Captain!

Sent from my tired of not killing turkeys device.

nickp

What captain said.  My cousins have them and they get around the 180 mark with Hevi 6's at 40 in both guns (870's).  It shoots a variety of shells very well.  Shoots comparable numbers to the Hevi 6's with the Longbeard 5's. 

mossyoakpro

Thanks Nick!  I am gonna give it a whirl tomorrow.