turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hastings .562?

Started by shotgun_oly, March 23, 2014, 12:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotgun_oly

Got lucky and finally found one on the cheap :toothy9: I know alot of people like it for fed. hw #7's and I will be testing those for sure but looking for some recommendations on lead loads that pattern well with this choke  :popcorn:
:thanks:
Oly

R AJ

Federal pre FC #6s, Fed FC lead #6s, and at 30 yds KENT Ultimate  #6s( Not 35, not 40 but 30 yds for the Kent shells).
Fiocchi #7.5 lead to 35.

Hevi-13 #7s and yes the Hastings states lead only.

shotgun_oly

Thanks for the info RAJ,guess I've got some patterning to do. Anyone tried any hevi  6's  or mag blend with this choke?

R AJ

I did not mention the sixes but yes they should give a good to very good pattern with that choke. A 562 is just a little too snug for me on #5 .

gophert

My Hastings .566 shot the federals TERRIBLE.  There was only about 75 in the 10.  However, it shoots my TSS really good.  I would have thought it would be great with the federals.  However, i have seen some good federal patterns from the .562

surehuntsalot

I have a .570 Hastings that likes #6's and loves #5's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

shotgun_oly

Thanks for all the info guys. Anyone had any luck with this choke & tss or is it to tight a constriction?

gophert

Quote from: shotgun_oly on March 25, 2014, 09:16:56 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. Anyone had any luck with this choke & tss or is it to tight a constriction?

I'm thinking it would be smoking with TSS!  Here's my pattern with 1 1/4 oz of TSS 9's with the Hastings .566.  With that .562 you would think that the 10" might be around 230-250.  Thats crazy good for a 1 1/4 oz load. 

shotgun_oly

That's a great pattern gophert  :drool: its posts like yours that have me seriously considering loading tss and putting the 10's & 12 ga away this year  :icon_thumright: only problem is I'd have to fight my son for the 20ga  :TooFunny:

gophert

Quote from: shotgun_oly on March 25, 2014, 04:13:48 PM
That's a great pattern gophert  :drool: its posts like yours that have me seriously considering loading tss and putting the 10's & 12 ga away this year  :icon_thumright: only problem is I'd have to fight my son for the 20ga  :TooFunny:

I hear ya!  I sold my 870 12 ga SM and bought a 20.  That load is even a light "kids" load that my daughter shoots.  My load, crazy good!

dawei

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 24, 2014, 07:51:39 PM
I have a .570 Hastings that likes #6's and loves #5's
Me too!!!!!

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given