OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

any kills with LONGBEARD AMMO

Started by GOLD HUNTER, March 23, 2014, 11:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

ANY OF YOU GUYS MAKE A KILL WITH THE NEW L/B AMMO YET ?  :smiley-char092:

Planner

I assume you are referring to the Winchester Longbeard XR. Our season opened last weekend and I shot a bird at about 35 yards and guided a guy who shot one at 18 this weekend. Both birds went down immediately. I'm using 3" No. 5's 12 gauge. For the price it seems like a good value. I've traditionally used Hevishot but decided to gives these a try.

yelpaholic

Killed one about 40 steps this week , never flopped. Gave one to a friend to try ,his shell misfired, dented the primer but didn't go off.  He wasn't real happy with me or the xr's.....

StrutStopper_71

The bird I killed on last weeks opener I killed with lb 6's at about 30 steps.

bmhern

My cousin shot1@ 38yds with 3" #6s @ I shot one at 15 yds with 3.5". #6s. 2 very dead birds,  I think I'm gonna like  them.

:z-winnersmiley:

hookedspur

Quote from: yelpaholic on March 23, 2014, 02:07:24 PM
Killed one about 40 steps this week , never flopped. Gave one to a friend to try ,his shell misfired, dented the primer but didn't go off.  He wasn't real happy with me or the xr's.....

We were trying them yesterday and my  buddy had one snap on him in a SBE2 he gave it to me
and it snapped in my Encore as well ,We pitched it  ???
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bamagtrdude

YES!  Friend knocked one cold @ 42 steps Tuesday morning - Mossy 835, stock choke tube, #4's.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

wvlimbhanger

I am gonna have to try to find some and try out.  Too many great reports not to.

budtripp

Quote from: wvlimbhanger on March 23, 2014, 08:18:15 PM
I am gonna have to try to find some and try out.  Too many great reports not to.

me too. I got 5 boxes in my shopping cart on cabelas website just haven't clicked check out yet

Flydown

Not yet but I'm gonna give them a try on my next shot.

turkeywhisperer935

If any of you guys try them you won't be sorry my 935 and jellyhead destroyed a target at 40yds with a 3 inch 5. From what I tried the 3 inch patterned better than 3 1/2.

BillyGoat13

gob09

Quote from: turkeywhisperer935 on March 24, 2014, 01:18:00 AM
If any of you guys try them you won't be sorry my 935 and jellyhead destroyed a target at 40yds with a 3 inch 5. From what I tried the 3 inch patterned better than 3 1/2.
We had the exact same results yesterday the 3" 5's patterned better than the 3.5" 6's

darn2ten

2 middle Georgia gobblers taken with LB 5's. Let's just say one was stretching it a little and had many full head and neck penetrations. The lower gobbler had his lower beak blown completely off.

bamagtrdude

I'll be getting a fresh box of LB #5's come Thursday; holy cow!!!!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)