OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Took Val Hunting 2nd Osceola Down

Started by Stoner, March 22, 2014, 11:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Went hunting this morning with my daughter Val with the intent of calling in a Osceola for her. Started off with some soft tree yelps and later in the morning after full daylight some louder yelps. No gobbles but I saw nice Osceola running down the fenseline and I told my daughter get her gun up and get ready. He was within twenty five to thirty feet when Val shot with her .20 gauge and missed clean. I waited for a follow up shot but it was not forth coming and the gobbler was getting ready to hit the high-grass on the way out of town so I shot and dropped him. I asked Val after it was over why she did not take the second shot, she respond and told me that I had told her if she missed I would shoot and she was right I did say that but I wished she had gotten that turkey.This Osceola was a heavy bird, 10 ¼ inch beard, and the spurs were shy of 1 ½ inches. Both Osceola's this week had some nice spurs.  I am done in Florida, two birds the first week of the season and will head to Tennessee in a couple of weeks. I will be taking Val out again in the morning before church to hopefully make amends.

Alabama Hat-Roll Tide

Bigspurs68

Great lookin spurs! I wish she would have killed him. I'm sure her chance will come again.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

boomer

Congrats!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Good Luck in the morning!

hookedspur

Big set a Hooks ,,Good luck to  Val
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Flydown

Great hunt with your daughter regardless of who gave him the fatal blow. Good times and memories for a lifetime! Congratulations to you both! Good luck to you both in the morning!!!!!

Beard Collecter

Nice bird!! I am sure your daughter had a great time just being out with her Daddy. Just look at that smile!! :angel9:

slamman

nice set of hooks congrats.  good luck this morning hope your daughter connects.

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Quote from: Flydown on March 23, 2014, 12:25:36 AM
Great hunt with your daughter regardless of who gave him the fatal blow. Good times and memories for a lifetime! Congratulations to you both! Good luck to you both in the morning!!!!!
:agreed: Hope she gets one this morning. Good luck.....

owlhoot

Good luck this morning , go get em Val   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

bamagtrdude

Good one - and good luck next time, Ms. Val!!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

alloutdoors

Great bird, congrats! Hope Val connects on the next one!

Hognutz

Congrats on a nice gobbler. Too bad Val didn't get it, but she sounds like a real trooper. Her day will come.. Great pictures. Well done, Val and Dad..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

beagler

Never Misses

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings