OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Open sights to replace factory on 935 ?

Started by olejake, March 20, 2014, 10:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olejake

I do not want a scope-type sighting system on this new gun and really like the  view thru the fiber-optics that came with it..BUT..the rears will move from side to side somewhat..seems loose to me and afraid that it will affect the windage if not just right... and now  on to the elevation aspect..even after loosening the elevation screw to the point of it all but being out, it still shoots high... and it's not me flinching ...that I am sure of...I have shot enough targets to feel comfortable  hunting with it this weekend..but I am going to get an after-market "open" site one of these days..what are  the best fiber-optics to replace these ? and I did contact Mossberg and the tech there said this was normal...??...maybe so, but they are gonna get replaced..too much invested in all this business to possibly miss a bird on account of "cheap" sights..any better ideas from anyone?

gob09

If your hell bent on fiber optic sights I'd go with Williams fire sights I had some on my 935...the only problem I had was in hunting the rough terrain I hunt I kept breaking the front light beam they were still useable I guess the front sight breaking was the only thing wrong with them but I did break several others also  but I ended up putting a Bushnell dawn&dusk scope on mine
Good luck to ya

SCDieselDawg

Either Williams fire sights or Tru Glo pro series magnum gobble dot sights.

remmy1187

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on March 20, 2014, 11:31:01 AM
Either Williams fire sights or Tru Glo pro series magnum gobble dot sights.
This^^^^^^^^

turkey buster

I have a 935 with the tru glo magnum gobble dot on mine and like it

PEHunter

TG magnum gobble dot. Be sure to get the metal ones that tighten with screws.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Mike Honcho

I have a year old 935 and have been thinking about putting Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Stopper pro Series on it.

I bumped it hard recently leaning against my reloading bench,(unloaded) and the factory front sight hit my Rockchucker press and broke in three pieces and scattered on the floor.

So I ordered a set and installed them...my 935 shot about 8" left at 40 with my ammo and choke so I was able to correct that. Very pleased.

archdriver

Absolutely, look into Tom Knapp fiber optic.  It is kind like a tunnel sight that is only really visible when it is lined up.    Also functional as a wing shooting reference.   I love it for turkey hunting and for wing shooting it isnt in the way
ArchDriver

mr perfect

go with tru glo pro series all metal  they talke the pounding from hunting .

olejake