OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Suggestions?

Started by KANSAS_GOBBLERS, March 19, 2014, 11:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KANSAS_GOBBLERS

Iv had the same mossberg for 8 years I'm looking to buy a new 12 gauge but nothing to pricey does anybody have any good suggestions on a gun?

Gooserbat

3.5" 870 or a 835 Mossberg.  There are more pricy options but it won't kill any better.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tomsoph

How much you looking to spend?

KANSAS_GOBBLERS

I'm trying not to go over 500

BigStrutter

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 19, 2014, 11:19:10 AM
3.5" 870 or a 835 Mossberg.  There are more pricy options but it won't kill any better.
Agreed. Both of those are under $500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

KANSAS_GOBBLERS

Do any of you know which one is better out of both the Remington and mossberg

Gobble!

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 19, 2014, 11:19:10 AM

thats it there. go hold both and make a decision. you can probably find both in a tureky edition for your budget.

KANSAS_GOBBLERS

Thanks you guys for the help

Bigspurs68

3 1/2" 870 with a shurshot stock. Much to like right there.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

mightyjoeyoung

If you're just planning on going with a 3" chambered gun, I'd look at the Mossberg 930.  GREAT gun and a great value.  They are mosters on the pattern board too!  I've run one for goose/duck season before and it shot soft, fast and reliably. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: KANSAS_GOBBLERS on March 19, 2014, 11:04:12 AM
Iv had the same mossberg for 8 years I'm looking to buy a new 12 gauge but nothing to pricey does anybody have any good suggestions on a gun?

You've had great advice. The 835 or the 930 (if you can find one in your price range) would be great choices. The 935 is also a great choice. Mossberg guns are putting up some excellent patterns in all models and their customer service is unsurpassed.

Mossberg is a family owned company and it shows in all that that do.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."