OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Grilled turkey recipes

Started by Chattahoochee, March 19, 2014, 01:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chattahoochee

I've always either cut the breast into strips and deep fried the bird or smoke the whole breast. I am wanting to venture out and try grilling strips. What are some ways you grill the breast?

DirtNap647

I like to wrap it in foil with some butter onions and garlic little lemon pepper

Gamblinman

I just salt and pepper and throw it over a bed of charcoal and throw a couple of chunks of hickory and grill indirectly

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

budtripp

I like to cut mine into strips and soak it overnight in italian dressing.  Then wrap them in bacon and grill. Pretty dat gum tasty I must say.

SCTrky10

I like to cut mine into strips and soak in Italian dressing. I then stuff with jalapeno (sometimes add cream cheese as well), add a little bit of cavender's seasoning/garlic salt, and then wrap in bacon! Tough to beat!

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

reflexl

Cut into strips. Soak it overnight in Cajun injector rosemary garlic. Sprinkle with Holland Carolina seasoning. Sprits the grill with olive oil. Cooking time varies according to thickness. On a Holland Gas grill it takes about 15 minutes a side. reflexl

wingbonehntr

Cut into nuggets, then salt and pepper. Wrap in bacon and stuff with jalapeƱo and cream cheese. Then spread ranch dressing over them and grill until bacon is done.

highwaygun

Quote from: budtripp on March 19, 2014, 08:23:45 AM
I like to cut mine into strips and soak it overnight in italian dressing.  Then wrap them in bacon and grill. Pretty dat gum tasty I must say.
I do the exact same thing great minds think alike I guess

Spring Creek Calls

Jamaican jerk in the recipe section.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

lonnie sneed jr.

cut into strips, soak in French Dressing overnight, grill until done.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

old3toe

Cut into chunks and marinade. Then place on skewers along with different vegetables salt and pepper and grill til desired doneness :happy0064:

Illini Tom

anybody try the Lawrey's marinades?
i like the mesquite/lime or teriyaki/pineapple for turkey breast  :icon_thumright:

allaboutshooting

To me there's nothing better than pan fried turkey breast.

I like to cook some of the breast while it's still very fresh and try to cook some this way on the day of the hunt, if possible.

I slice pieces 4" or so long about 1/4" thick and maybe 3" or so wide. I melt some butter in a skillet and dip the breast slices in flour into which I've added some salt and pepper. I dip the breast into some milk just to moisten it a bit, then into the flour to cover it completely.

When the melted butter in the skillet is very hot but not burned, I place the breast slices in the skillet and cook until brown on each side, they'll be done by that time but not dried out and still moist.

I like to serve it hot, so whatever else we're having, is ready when the turkey is ready. It's the very best way I've found to cook some of the breast.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. I'll also cook some on the grill that Doris marinates in her secret recipe but I much prefer my method.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Illini Tom

i agree about fresh pan fried being the best
and dont forget to make some gravy  :drool: