turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke question for a Moss. 500

Started by joshua, March 14, 2011, 06:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua

Do you guys think I will get a good pattern using Fed HV 3" #6 with the flite control wad out of the factory full choke or do I need to get a aftermarket choke to use.  The gun is a mossy 500 with a 26" barrel.  I'm wanting a good killing pattern.  This gun will be used by a youth on our youth hunt and I'm afraid of getting a pattern that's to tight.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

surehuntsalot

you need to try the FC out of the factory full choke before you worry about buying an aftermarket choke,I think you will be surprised at what you fine
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawei

Quote from: joshua on March 14, 2011, 06:07:10 PM
Do you guys think I will get a good pattern using Fed HV 3" #6 with the flite control wad out of the factory full choke or do I need to get a aftermarket choke to use.  The gun is a mossy 500 with a 26" barrel.  I'm wanting a good killing pattern.  This gun will be used by a youth on our youth hunt and I'm afraid of getting a pattern that's too tight.
I think that is a very good place to start to establish a baseline. I would shoot patterns at 20, 25, and 30yds w/#6Pb.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given