Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This is way to much fun. Spray paint camo.

Started by SpitNDrumN, March 18, 2014, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

kevin2

I think they are sweet.

I spray painted my Martin bows 25+ years ago, and they turned out pretty nice. The paint is still in place for the most part. Thought they were pretty bad back in the day!

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

eman375

Good job.  Nice way to spend a day away from work...

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: Tommy Strutsalot on March 18, 2014, 08:49:37 PM
Looks sweet man.  I had to put a saddle mount on my gun to mount a red dot, and it's a b-square and it's made out of aluminum.  Does anybody know if I could paint it using the same technique or would the paint not take to aluminum?

If you are worried about the paint sticking to aluminum, you can spray it with etching primer first.

MiamiE

I usually wipe down the gun with a rag saturated with Breakfree CLP to prevent rust. What do you recommend to clean the gun before painting. Just wipe it off?

anthonyjhallen

I had a sniper in my unit school me up on how they paint theirs. Spray a base coat then lay a net laundry bag over the top to spray the next coat through. Works great.

SpitNDrumN

That looks really cool especially with that style of gun.

I just whipped mine down with mineral spirits/paint thinner to prep it for paint.

West Augusta

Quote from: kevin2 on March 18, 2014, 09:59:40 PM
I think they are sweet.

I spray painted my Martin bows 25+ years ago, and they turned out pretty nice. The paint is still in place for the most part. Thought they were pretty bad back in the day!

That a Cougar Magnum?  I still have mine.  Great shooting bow.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

kevin2

That is basically what I did with the Treebark pattern. Looks awesome on your gun...

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on March 19, 2014, 10:19:11 AM
I had a sniper in my unit school me up on how they paint theirs. Spray a base coat then lay a net laundry bag over the top to spray the next coat through. Works great.

kevin2

Martin Speedflite

Really hoping Martin gets there act together with the new owners. They are actively giving updates on real time progress at there plant on the archerytalk.com forum.

Quote from: West Augusta on March 19, 2014, 11:23:43 AM
Quote from: kevin2 on March 18, 2014, 09:59:40 PM
I think they are sweet.

That a Cougar Magnum?  I still have mine.  Great shooting bow.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase