turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

avian x breeder ans jake issues.

Started by tomtaker123, March 18, 2014, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtaker123

when I bought my feeder last season I noticed that when I blew it up it held air for about an hour or two it seemed and then it started to deflate, it stayed inflated enough to still somewhat keep its shape and still be hunted over but it was kind of aggravating since I spent $70 on the dang thing. I eventually came to the conclusion that the one I got might have been a dud and figured I would deal with it. about a week ago I bought the Jake new in the box from a guy on craigslist and realized that this one s the same issue. has anyone encountered this issue? and if so have you found a way to fix it?
"speak the language"

tomtaker123

alright thanks, the decoy holds enough air to work fine but its just frustrating since they where so expensive  >:(
"speak the language"

2much2loud

I have both breeder and jake and don't have a problem with either.... I would call zink or avian x

tnturkey

I just got the jake in two days ago. and its been filled sense I got it so going on three days no problem. I would call them to. don't know what they would do with the one on craigslist but the other they probably will help you.

memert116

I bought the jake and breeder at this year's NWTF convention.  Blew them up as soon as I got home, both are still holding air great.  Plan to deflate them and use them in Texas and S.C. in a few weeks.  Will let you know how they hold air and hold up.  However, Zink's rep's seemed genuinely interested in making sure I was happy so I would make sure to call them and would think they will make things right for you.

Keep us posted on how things work out for you.

DirtNap647

mudhen

My new jake has been holding air for a month now...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

tomtaker123

i think I found a fix! I put the hen in the shower last night with the water on the hottest it would go and left it for about an hour and a half inflated and then took it out and let it air dry in my bedroom overnight And BOOM its holding air now! i am doing this process with the jake as we speak  :z-guntootsmiley:
"speak the language"

Gawhitaker

Glad it's holding air for you. Had a gobbler jump my hen and put a hole on the top of her back, Zinks suggested cleaning the area well and applying shoe goo. Worked pretty well