OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

North Mississippi bird

Started by Big Timber, March 18, 2014, 02:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Timber

I killed this bird at 10:00 this morning,
He weighed 22lbs. 8 oz. 8 in. Beard and 1 in. Spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northms

Timber, was he gobbling much on the roost or on the ground?  I ask because I hunt in Lafayette Co.

Big Timber

They didn't gobble at all on the roost, they started gobbling at 9:30 as I was walking down a logging rd. sat down and made a call and they answered, I waited a few minutes and made another call and they gobbled again and they were a lot closer, about a couple minutes later I saw them coming up the old road and I let them get to around 30 yards and I busted his head. I was in Lafayette co. Also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northms

Ok cool.  Good looking bird.  Congrats.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rio Fan

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Stoner

Very nice bird. Good job. North Mississippi is one of the nicer areas in the country to live. Went to graduate school at Memphis State back in the early 1980's, northern Mississippi was very pretty in the springtime.

harleytom

JVA54

beagler

Never Misses

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

alloutdoors

DirtNap647

slamman