turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New gen avians

Started by Uchee creek gobblers, March 18, 2014, 01:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uchee creek gobblers

Anybody tried the new gen avians? I didn't get the greatest response this mornin.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

miro15

I'm not too keen with the leg detail, but they looked good in the store last week when I looked at them.  Haven't tried them out though...

miro15

I love and use the old ones though!!!!!

DirtNap647

how do you know which one you have

miro15

New gen have the legs on them....the pink textured skin

memert116

I guess I have the older ones with the short stubbly, not pink, legs.  Will be using them once the season opens and will let you know.

miro15

Old ones work great!  New ones I'm Sure will work just as good if not better.  Good luck out there!!!

Bigspurs68

I do like the avian decoys, new and old but it's kinda funny that we used to kill birds off the backs of some really ugly "rubber chickens" as we called them. I'm not so sure that lovesick gobblers are too choosy about the company they keep. Pink legs, no legs, both work fine. As long as you peg them so the wind doesn't spin them at high RPM's. That will make even the loneliest longbeard think she may be a little too much to handle.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

memert116

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on March 24, 2014, 10:59:38 PM
I do like the avian decoys, new and old but it's kinda funny that we used to kill birds off the backs of some really ugly "rubber chickens" as we called them. I'm not so sure that lovesick gobblers are too choosy about the company they keep. Pink legs, no legs, both work fine. As long as you peg them so the wind doesn't spin them at high RPM's. That will make even the loneliest longbeard think she may be a little too much to handle.

I've got an old set of hollow foam decoys sitting in my basement.   Fun to compare them to the Avians I have now.

Barry Keicks

Quote from: Dirt nap on March 19, 2014, 05:34:02 AM
how do you know which one you have

the 2014 hen decoys have a slimmer profile, are around 15% lighter and slightly smaller than the 2013 and earlier decoy.

strutter

Just got a jake and breeder hen as birthday gifts will try them out this Sat for the SC youth day with my son and report back they look great though .