OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion, Tuesday March 18, 2014

Started by Duke0002, March 18, 2014, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"Finally Pilate handed Him over to them to be crucified.  So the soldiers took charge of Jesus.  Carrying His own cross, He went out to The Place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha)"  -(John 19:16,17)

One of the Lenten hymns, "Lord Jesus, Thou art Going Forth," has a unique twist to it.  Based on the authors' view of Jesus' walk to the cross, they developed this conversation between Jesus and your soul.  In your mind's eye, place yourself among the crowd watching Him carry His cross.  Think of those standing there with you, hurling insults, hate, and mockery at Jesus as He passes by.  They just don't get it.  But you get it! 

Read again the Bible verses above, and picture yourself as one of the observers there.  Spend some time thinking what the sights and sounds would have been like.  Look at Jesus, the unbelievers, and then consider yourself. Participate in this conversation with your Lord and Savior.  Then thank the Lord for His Easter Sunday resurrection, which assures you that this is all true!

1. The Soul: Lord Jesus, Thou art going forth For me Thy life to offer;
                           For me, a sinner from my birth, Who caused all that Thou must suffer.
                           So be it, then, Thou Hope of men; Thee I shall follow weeping,
                           Tears flowing free, Thy pain to see, Watch o'er Thy sorrows keeping.

2. Jesus: O Soul, attend thou and behold The fruit of thy transgression!
                             My portion is the curse of old And for man's sin My Passion.
                             Now comes the night Of sin's dread might, Man's guilt I here am bearing.
                             Oh, weigh it, Soul; I make thee whole, No need now of despairing.

3. The Soul:  'Tis I, Lord Jesus, I confess, who should have borne sin's wages
                           And lost the peace of heavenly bliss, Through everlasting ages.
                           Instead 'tis Thou Who goest now My punishment to carry.
                           Thy death and blood Lead me to God; By grace I there may tarry.

4. Jesus: O Soul, I take upon me now The pain thou shouldst have suffered.
                       Behold, with grace I thee endow, Grace freely to thee offered.
                       The curse I choose that thou might lose Sin's curse and guilt forever.
                       My gift of love from heaven above Will ever give thee blessing ever.

5. The Soul: What can I for such love divine To Thee, Lord Jesus, render?
                           No merit has this heart of mine; Yet while I live, I'll tender
                           Myself alone, And all I own, In love to serve before Thee;
                           Then when time's past, Take me at last, To Thy blest home in glory.

-Dale

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net