OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Osceola Of The Season Down This Morning

Started by Stoner, March 18, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

First Osceola down for the season, one more to go.  We had rain for almost 24 hours, went out yesterday morning when the front was moving in and just left my truck walking down the woods road to get set up and a bolt of lightning hit pretty close so I turned around and went home. Back out this morning, woods still wet and the birds were quiet. Pretty moon breaking through the clouds. Did not hear the gobble; I did some soft tree yelps and later some yelps on the friction call and used Brian Mero's trumpet this morning and it is deadly. He came in quiet from behind me hard and fast and put the brakes on when he spotted the DSD decoys. He was only 15 feet from where I was sitting; I was using a new Winchester SX3 with a Red Dot scope, he was so close I was afraid to turn on the Red Dot and I put his neck in the center of the scope and pulled the trigger and he went down hard. Beard 10 5/8 inches and the spurs were a tad under 1 ½ inches. Great morning to be in the turkey woods.

strut-stopper

Congrats  nice bird. Hopefully the will be working good in the morning. Supposed to clear up nice and the winds die down 

darn2ten

Turkeyfan

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Muzzy61

Great job, Very nice bird. I tried it this morning in north florida, but rain and lighting made me quite and go to work, will get after them in the moring.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

boomer

headbanger

trackerbucky

Congrats!  Great bird and nice pictures. 

Why did you not have the red dot turned on? 
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

Illini Tom

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

JVA54

mozart_hunter

Stoner

Quote from: trackerbucky on March 18, 2014, 12:49:51 PM
Congrats!  Great bird and nice pictures. 

Why did you not have the red dot turned on?

Guess I am cheap trying t save the battery.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.