turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey vest suggestions

Started by jdlong123, March 18, 2014, 09:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdlong123

I'm needing to get a new turkey vest and I want to buy one that is worth the money and lasts. I'm thinking about the Ol' Tom I Beam 2.0 so far, but was wondering what everybody else would suggest as a great, comfortable vest! Thanks in advance for the input, and good luck to all on your endeavors in the woods this season!

goblr77

I haven't found a turkey vest that's anywhere near perfect. The closest thing that I keep going back to is a Primos Gobblervest. I remove the cushion and hunt out of a Cabela's Gobbler Lounger chair so the cushion quality really doesn't matter to me. The design of the Primos vest just suits me better than the others I've tried. I'll wear a Super Elite 3 every now and then but I just don't like it. My brother has an Ol' Tom vest and doesn't like it either. He keeps on wearing his Primos vest as well.

Gooserbat

Tacktical Tater II suites me best.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gobblerjim

I have a super elite 3 and i don't like it. Just to baggy. Size is to big for me as well. Probably sell it after season is done. I need something small and compact. I hunt public land so I don't carry much.

tnturkey

Cancel as tactical tatr 2. Is by far the most comfortable vest I've ever owned. And I've owned several

olejake

Super Tater II for me.... if interested,sizing does run larger than "normal" .. for example I wear an XL shirt and the LG is perfect for me..the small fits my fiance just right..bought the Tater III for my Dad as a surprise for him and sent it back to Cabela's... not even in the same class as the II...I prefer the II to anything I saw  and consider my search fairly extensive.. the cushion on the II is by far the thickest, most comfortable I tried anywhere...

Illini Tom

i've had the Ol Tom Dura-Lite Time & Motion Strap Vest for several seasons and really like it
the call- and gear-specific pockets perfectly fit what i like to carry (3 pots, 9 strikers, a box, gobble tube, tube call, locators and other misc. gear). it also has multiple D rings and a couple movable lanyards that i hook my mouth call pouch and tube call to
i'm closer to an xl but got a medium size that i like cause it fits snug and rides higher but still has enough room for a light jacket underneath

Dtrkyman

I like my Primos, but have not looked at a vest in years so others may be better?

LARRYHAYNES

Love my ol tom time and motion but never tried anything else and never wanted to. You would be very pleased with an ol tom.
LARRY

land cruiser

Ol tom 2.0 for me this season.  Can't wait to take it out. 

tomtaker123

field and stream 2012vest. been good to me since i got it, my father has ne of the older models and my buddy bought the 2013 model last season. my father loves his and my friend seems to be pleased with his. cant go wrong for 50bucks! but its all preference.
"speak the language"

memert116

Quote from: jdlong123 on March 18, 2014, 09:31:44 AM
I'm needing to get a new turkey vest and I want to buy one that is worth the money and lasts. I'm thinking about the Ol' Tom I Beam 2.0 so far, but was wondering what everybody else would suggest as a great, comfortable vest! Thanks in advance for the input, and good luck to all on your endeavors in the woods this season!

I bought a Ol' Tom I-Beam and did not like it at all.  The locator call lanyards broke before I even used it for hunting.  The good part is that their customer service was great, very apologetic.  I returned it for a full refund and went back to my old vest.

WillH

I LOVE my ol tom time and motion strap vest! It's the best thing since sliced bread IMO  :z-flirtysmile3:

headbanger

I wear a super elite III. Not perfect but I don't know if there is such a thing. BTW...wing supply has them on sale right now for $25.in treklite. If I needed another vest I'd be all over this.

thenatural67

I Primos Gobbler ,and like it as well as any I have used.
CRUSADERS
2016 Old Gobbler Contest Champions